Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Postage is going up again.

USPS is raising rates on January 27, 2013. Letters up by 1 cent to $0.46. Priority by 4%Postage Hike

Comments

• Now if they could just not damage people's stuff. I hate the post office
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Rate hikes suck but whatever they have to do to stay in business. Without them I can't get autos TTM.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Rate hikes suck but whatever they have to do to stay in business. Without them I can't get autos TTM. >>

I AGREE.

HOWEVER ... let's forget the USPS existed. I have a letter I need to get to California (that's 3,000 miles away). I find out a person in my neighborhood is driving to California tomorrow. He says give me 46 cents and I'll drive it 3,000 miles and then go to the person's house and hand it to them for you. For 46 cents you will do this? You are CRAZY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • best value... the forever stamps - stock up on them now.
  • MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Let the Jehovah's Witnesses deliver the mail. They're
    gonna to be at your house anyway, may as well give
    'em something useful to do.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    You could still send a letter to Guam for $0.46. Stop complaining.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    What's a letter?

• CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>What's a letter? >>

I too am perplexed by this "mailing a letter" topic...
  • I love the USPS. As Doug stated, $.46 to go 3000 miles for you. Hell, my Peterbilt doesn't even fire up for anything under $2.00 a mile. They are the best value out there, even with all the damage/lost packages people like to claim happens. The volume they handle and the problems that come up are still better then any of the competition you have to choose from.
  • Thank goodness for Forever Stamps for all the TTM collectors.
  • Good Morning Everyone. This is a PSA for anyone in the USA who will be shipping cards etc after 01/26/2013 I was at the post office today and since I go there daily they told me that shipping rates are going up. Shipping in the US is for packages goes up from 1.95 for the first 3 oz to 2.07 and 0.17 per oz there after. My biggest increase will be shipping to Canada. First class International packages will now be $6.55 per oz up to 2 ounces from $3.45 and then an additional per oz fee depending on the country. With that said, if you need to ship get it done today or you will see a dramatic increase.Text
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I will get my Canada package out today. It is terrible that the prices are going up that much. I have a few regular buyers of my Parkhurst wrestling cards. Boo!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure why the PO still needs to deliver to my house every day? Soon it will be once or twice a week and then it will be pick it up yourself..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • how much will it cost to send an thick envelope to canada?
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I can make a package go from chicago to anywhere in the country for $5 in 2-3 days
    that is a bargain

• << <i> My biggest increase will be shipping to Canada. First class International packages will now be $6.55 per oz up to 2 ounces from $3.45 and then an additional per oz fee depending on the country. With that said, if you need to ship get it done today or you will see a dramatic increase.Text >>

Afternoon,

Well I've been on the fence about this since the last increase for shipping to Canada and overseas. With this increase I finally can stop losing money on about half the stuff I sell to these places on shipping because I've under stated the cost in my listings, especially when they start combining and I end up paying more to ship an item(s) then the items sold for!

Just edited 1828 listings to "No International Shipping"

Its commonly called: Unintended Consquences!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    how much will it cost to send an thick envelope to canada?

Well this really blows. That is a huge increase for a 1 ounce bubble mailer ($3.00 and .15 cents for each additional ounce) that will
    now cost $6.55? For cards that end less than $10, I dont even think they'll sell now. May have to resort to plain white envelopes.

• << <i>how much will it cost to send an thick envelope to canada?

Well this really blows. That is a huge increase for a 1 ounce bubble mailer ($3.00 and .15 cents for each additional ounce) that will
    now cost $6.55? For cards that end less than $10, I dont even think they'll sell now. May have to resort to plain white envelopes. >>

saw on stamps.com a 1 ounce large envelope first class to canada is $2.05, thats a $0.70 increase! Don't want to know how much a 2 ounce envelope to Poland or any other Eastern European country would be
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Don't want to know how much a 2 ounce envelope to Poland or any other Eastern European country would be. >>

How many WWF Ivan Putski cards do you have?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

• << <i>I can make a package go from chicago to anywhere in the country for $5 in 2-3 days
    that is a bargain >>

Tell me your secret. I sell stuff and constantly get killed with shipping because the buyer is in California or Utah. A two pound package costs $12 to send to California now.

Unless you're talking about cards, which $5 is too high anyway.
  • Fed Ex and UPS are also raising their prices in January.
  • Well today was my fist day shipping something to my home land Canada from the US after the price increase. My package that normally cost me $3.95 is now $7.45. This will not discourage me from sending to Canada just want all my Canadian friends no that things are a little more expensive. It will be interesting to see how eBays earnings are with this as the charge 9% comission on shipping fees.
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One nice thing to offset the increase in priority: delivery confirmation will now be included free (for priority only, not first class mail).