Home Metal Detecting
Options

Oct 9, 2012: 4 Silvers and a Wheat Cent milestone!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Wanted to hit a certain spot today, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Had to settle for Plan B... a park I've never hit before. Within 5 minutes a 1956 silver Canada dime came up. Then a while later that weird "True Love Waits" charm came up - it's Sterling, but can anyone tell me what those symbols mean? Maybe it's a fancy T, L and W? It's apparently Bob Siemon Designs but I could't find the same piece to explain it. Weigh is 8.1 grams so it has a decent weight to it.

Also got a 1957 Washington quarter and a 1935 merc.

Picked up 10 wheat cents as well, including my 400th of the year!! Prior to 2012, my one year wheat cent record was 242.

Also got an 1860 Great Britain Penny. At first it looked like a large cent, but ruled that out fast as it was larger and thinner. Figured some kid was carrying it around and lost it. These coins clean up rather well. Wish U.S. coppers cleaned up so easily.

HH All!

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to have a plan "B". And since plan "B" worked so good are you going back tomorrow? What no silver dollar?image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin there image
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Here is your guitar pick. Guitar pick
  • Options
    Very nice! Love the penny!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is your guitar pick. Guitar pick >>

Thanks ormandh! Guess I didn't check that website hard enough. Good to know that's it's a fancy TLW...

<< <i>Very nice! Love the penny!
    image >>

Thanks as well goldrush! Seems like some foreign coins clean up much better than U.S. coins. Would love a large cent to clean up that well. Earlier this year I found a buffalo nickel and a 1920s Canadian nickel in the same hole. The Buff was a crusty mess as usual, but the Canadian coin came out clean - thought it was silver for a second.

PPC - probably won't get back there for a couple weeks unfortunately. Would be awesome if a silver dollar popped out some day. Still on the top 10 list!

Johnny, don't want you to be left out... it's nice finding different coins now and again.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds.....Plan B was great, can only imagine what Plan A would have provided...image Cheers, RickO