Home Precious Metals

APMEX is selling on eBay...again

I didn't know they were on eBay, it seems that they haven't sold anything since 2007.

I spot checked few items and it seems that their prices are the same than their website, if paying with CC.
Shipping though, is lower. (if you don't have the flat rate privilege like someone here has).

Their store page reflects their website.
APMEX on eBay
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unlike their website, their ebay buy it now prices have to be manually updated. A sudden spike in spot prices could offer some bargains with their ebay listings. . . if the buyer is quick.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...They are going to give a lot of bullion dealers on eBay stiff competition with their prices. All their BIN's appear to be slightly lower than the average going rate on eBay.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>unlike their website, their ebay buy it now prices have to be manually updated. A sudden spike in spot prices could offer some bargains with their ebay listings. . . if the buyer is quick. >>

Agee....I added them to my "fav. seller list."
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at there combined shipping policy. 4.95 plus .25 per item capped at 14.95 image

certain listings are restricted to pre approved buyers like this one.

cleaned 5$ indians
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>unlike their website, their ebay buy it now prices have to be manually updated. A sudden spike in spot prices could offer some bargains with their ebay listings. . . if the buyer is quick. >>

That's what I was thinking too.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed this at the top of a lot of their listings, didn't know this was available with ebay:

"This listing is restricted to pre-approved buyers only. Email the seller to be placed on that pre-approved list. "

might wanna go ahead and get on their list!

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    This listing is restricted to pre-approved buyers only. Email the seller to be placed on that pre-approved list.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
    also I saw this: "Our prices update every 10 minutes according to the market moves to give you the most up-to-date pricing available on eBay. Our listings remain live while pricing updates so you don't have to worry about listings being removed and re posted."
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in APMEX! Our eBay site is under construction and we are not in production. Please check back in a day or so for further updates.

Regards,

Jana Smith

APMEX Customer Service

APMEX, Inc.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill have to keep an eye on that site then
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>also I saw this: "Our prices update every 10 minutes according to the market moves to give you the most up-to-date pricing available on eBay. Our listings remain live while pricing updates so you don't have to worry about listings being removed and re posted." >>

Aww image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    "Our prices update every 10 minutes according to the market moves to give you the most up-to-date pricing available on eBay

I wonder what would happen if the avg joe blow eBaY seller did that image
    I wont buy from them just for this reason, they're getting preferential treatment.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

<< <i>"Our prices update every 10 minutes according to the market moves to give you the most up-to-date pricing available on eBay

I wonder what would happen if the avg joe blow eBaY seller did that image
    I wont buy from them just for this reason, they're getting preferential treatment. >>

Preferential treatment? How? IF you have a Fixed price BIN auction, you can change your price anytime you want to, and it appears, that's their selling preference. On a down market day, that will come in handy.
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they wrote some code to hook one of those turbo-lister programs into the spot price.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like they wrote some code to hook one of those turbo-lister programs into the spot price. >>

That's what I was thinking.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    98% customer satisfaction
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>98% customer satisfaction >>

After Apmex's 2010 ATB puck debacle, I'm in the 2%.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

After Apmex's 2010 ATB puck debacle, I'm in the 2%. >>

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Haven't ordered since.

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I'm one of the 98% that are and have been totally satisfied with this bullion dealer.image
  • I like APMEX and Silvertowne.

<< <i>I like APMEX and Silvertowne. >>

I would add Provident to that list. I use all 3 whenever one has a sale on bullion with free or reduced shipping.

Scottsdale Silver, for recent produced silver, is another one you may want to take a look at. BTW, just like APMEX, they also sell on eBay, but normally you get a better deal if, you shop on their own web-site.
  • I like dealing with APMEX and they sometimes offer really deals in the numismatic space if you move quickly

They were the buyers of 2011 PCGS PR/MS69 75th Anniversary sets at $850 when everybody was dumping them

They were late sellers of 2011 W Gold Eagles when nobody had them any longer after low mintage became known
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    The note "seller is away" disappeared. They should be now up and running!
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Agreed, they seem to be up and running. Also this homepage gem...
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE