Home Precious Metals
Options

It's been a good weekend for bullion!

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I worked the PNNA show this weekend here in Portland, OR and found quite a few nice pieces!
Here's a few more...

Comments

• Options
    These are definitely my favorites of the group.
    There's one up on ebay right now with an interesting write-up on the history.
    I had not ever seen this style before but knew right away that they were pretty unique.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Very very cool Meltdown! image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm digging those .900 silver bars...

Makes me want crab meat Rangoon!

Nice NEWPS

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

<< <i>I'm digging those .900 silver bars...

Makes me want crab meat Rangoon!

Nice NEWPS >>

The shop I was working for has a new spectra-analysis machine (x-ray) thing. I threw them in there today and it said the silver content was 92.3%.
    I would love to know for certain just how old these might be. The ebay auction states something like the 1880-1940 range.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have king crab and sit with my "90%" 4.212 ASW guest on the right.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>I worked the PNNA show this weekend here in Portland, OR and found quite a few nice pieces!
    Here's a few more...
    image >>

Judging on the this picture that you provided, I will say that you had a very good weekend at that show IMO. I feel that the Coca-Cola Mt Rainier bar is the best find among the group of silver art bars that you have pictured. The "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" is the second best find IMO among the group of silver art bars that you pictured. That "Yellow Brick Road" silver art bar was minted by the International Silver Ingot Company in 1974. The other 2 Coca-Cola bars that are pictured are also good finds. Generally speaking, finding any Coca-Cola bar and paying only .999 generic premiums for them is always a home run in my opinion. The 1974 United States Silver Corporation "Saber Tooth Cat" bar is a decent find IMO. Overall, IMO you did very well with those silver art bars that you found at the show. Congrats on those silver art bar finds. image

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I worked the PNNA show this weekend here in Portland, OR and found quite a few nice pieces!
    Here's a few more...
    image >>

Judging on the this picture that you provided, I will say that you had a very good weekend at that show IMO. I feel that the Coca-Cola Mt Rainier bar is the best find among the group of silver art bars that you have pictured. The "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" is the second best find IMO among the group of silver art bars that you pictured. That "Yellow Brick Road" silver art bar was minted by the International Silver Ingot Company in 1974. The other 2 Coca-Cola bars that are pictured are also good finds. Generally speaking, finding any Coca-Cola bar and paying only .999 generic premiums for them is always a home run in my opinion. The 1974 United States Silver Corporation "Saber Tooth Cat" bar is a decent find IMO. Overall, IMO you did very well with those silver art bars that you found at the show. Congrats on those silver art bar finds. image >>

I concur with your assessment. Personally, I avoid anything less than .999 in silver. Difficult to sell when the time comes.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Meltdown! I had fun at the show. Nice score on the Ag.

It was great seeing you and meeting the guys.
    You all looked sharp in those matching black shirts BTW.

Besides the silver I picked up at your table I found 1/10 AGEs for $185 at a table I'll just refer to as "Sleepy Grove Coins".
  • Options
    It was good to see you too Gil. I had a great time working the show.
    It's fun to play dealer for the weekend... no question it would be a tough but interesting lifestyle travelling the show circuit as a full time dealer
    I also picked up a nice 36-D Walker and a pretty toned Peace but that was it for coins...
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got nothing this weekend !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice bars meltdown, wtg image