Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just purchased this coin....1913-D US Buffalo Nickel 5C - Type 2 - PCGS VG10

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300777566230?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Good buy or bad buy at this price (135$)?? Is this a popular coin in this series?? I tough the date looked better on this one than on the PCGS F-12 on Ebay for sale much more clear so are all other details....and the F-12 is 175$ or best offer.

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you happy with it?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    mkman123

Yes...just like to have people who have much more experience than me tell me if I did OK that is all (I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that just so I get a vibe of the markets in the U.S). Since I am not use to buying in the U.S coin market just as of yet. I would have preferred a nice PCGS F-12 but the one for sale is not a nice coin way to much use on the coin can't even see the date almost let alone the mint mark (D).
  • Options
    If it disturbs some people I am sorry!!!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If it disturbs some people I am sorry!!! >>

Apology accepted. image
  • Options
    RYK

Lolllllll that made me laugh!!! I know it is a cheap coin but my 1st Buffalo nickel never the less that is why I am wondering. Gotta love that series do the coins look awesome!!!
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always fun buying your first example of any series. image
  • Options
    SeattleSlammer:

Very true but here in Canada we here a lot about the Buffalo series a lot of people love the design!!!
  • Options
    Is this coin a semi-key coin to the series?
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think most circ set collectors would condsider it a semi key.....but there are a number of semi keys/condition semi keys in this challenging series, especially if you looking at the VF+ grade level!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Walkerguy21D

I will up grade most of my coins in the long run just getting started and getting a sens of the U.S market.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    The 13-D T2 is a tough date and certainly a semi-key. Generally speaking the price seems about right.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Walkerguy21D

I will up grade most of my coins in the long run just getting started and getting a sens of the U.S market. >>

It would be a good thing (IMO) to buy the good ones now and the cheaper ones later instead of trying to trade up in the future. The good ones aren't going to get much less expensive and the cheap ones aren't going to get way more expensive. I made this same mistake when I started out. Again, just my humble opinion.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    guitarwes

I will keep this in mind. I prefer for now to stick coins in VG-10 to F-12...but over time I will try to go for higher graded coins. I will simply trade them in at major coin shows in the U.S when I start going in the next 2 years (will attend the one in Orlando).
  • Options

Buffalo's are a great series. If you have the money,start buying the MS65 to MS67 PCGS graded Buffs.

Everybody's got plans--until they get hit
    --Mike Tyson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file