Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Someone, please help me sort through the options for buying a UHR

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kept mine in its original package.

image >>

Same here. Sold a few early - wish that I had not - but am keeping two in the OGP. Love them!!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a reminder o check those 69s for struck in black specks, particularly but not limited to the edge around the rim.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every family should have 2.
    I don't have one. Opt in, sir.
  • Options

<< <i><<I'll take it for the issue price, where do I send the check?>>

It won't grade, it's been cleaned with an abrasive pad by the Mint why would you want it?

EDIT: Your money would be better spent on a graded 69 example. >>

Its an ounce of gold..
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It all comes down to...

Is a UHR in PCGS F-12 worth $135?

Actually, I think shiny things nailed it. A non-PL 70 or a PL 69. There's a coin show in town this week, and maybe I'll check a few out. Also, a kind dealer who was sympathetic to my plight has offered to send me a few on approval. Maybe I'll ask for an HR Saint, too, and do the TomB four coin set. image >>

RYK what did you end up with?

I always thought a raw UHR in a grade lower then MS68 would be a nice coin for me to finger. Sorry but I have a weakness for holding coins raw in my hands, the ones I have slabbed I have lost interest in.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RYK what did you end up with?

I solved the most challenging and perplexing problem of my coin collection over the last ten years and purchased a MS-70 not quite but nearly proof like from Ian (Great Collections) today.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭✭
    the pls without the labels are out there.. picked one up at a local coin show couple years ago for 2200

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file