Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question Concerning the New Double Holder

LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since the coins that qualify for this new double holder will already have to be slabbed by PCGS, will PCGS crack and reslab individually later on down the road as an option if one chooses to do so?

Just wonderingimage

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say yes, for the regular reholder fee.image
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the double holder is fine if the coins are both the same grade....I "assume" they wouldn't put different grades in the same holder....would they?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the double holder is fine if the coins are both the same grade....I "assume" they wouldn't put different grades in the same holder....would they? >>

Why not? I believe they have in the past on multi-holders.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holdering only coins with the same grade would severely limit submissions. Besides, they have TWO labels on the multi slab.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a winning deal now you can pay $10.00 to get them in the holder and later You can pay $20.00 to get them out.
  • Options
    >>>Sounds like a winning deal now you can pay $10.00 to get them in the holder and later You can pay $20.00 to get them out.<<<

Yes, isn't it great!

Not something you would want to do unless they had meaning to you and you plan on keeping them forever.

I have 2 coins like that that were given to me in 1962 that got me started in coin collecting that I plan on keeping. But they are both raw, so I would have to get them graded and then send them in for reholder!

I don't think so! image
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> have 2 coins like that that were given to me in 1962 that got me started in coin collecting that I plan on keeping. But they are both raw, so I would have to get them graded and then send them in for reholder! >>

Wrong!!!

The two coin holder is a free option when grading raw coins.

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, this slab design option goes under the category of what I call "baseballcardization". Put the newfangled limited edition NGC black slab retro issue into this category, also. Too many choices and too many ways to buy and package the same product. Keep it simple.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, this slab design option goes under the category of what I call "baseballcardization". Put the newfangled limited edition NGC black slab retro issue into this category, also. Too many choices and too many ways to buy and package the same product. Keep it simple.

best answer, even if I don't think that word has made it into the colloquialisms of many languages image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>IMO, this slab design option goes under the category of what I call "baseballcardization". Put the newfangled limited edition NGC black slab retro issue into this category, also. Too many choices and too many ways to buy and package the same product. Keep it simple.

best answer, even if I don't think that word has made it into the colloquialisms of many languages image >>

I have used it here on several occasions. A great example was the 2012 (I think) ASE, which was advertised by MCM to have 14 different NGC packaging options and 4 different PCGS packaging options, all for a piece of bullion worth a hair more than melt.
  • Options
    >>>Wrong!!!

The two coin holder is a free option when grading raw coins.<<<

The way I read it the special is the reholder and coins have to already be in PCGS slabs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file