Home U.S. Coin Forum

1864 2 cent small motto PCGS F-12 both (dont know what one to buy)?

Comments

• Trying to offer the guy 360$....400$ is to much for this coin!!!
  • MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    His prices have always been high IMO. Get the one you like, not the one someone else likes.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Moldnut

Just saw a PCGS F-15 sold for 300$ so I am going to pass on this coin at this price...I would go 325$ max.

<< <i>Moldnut

Just saw a PCGS F-15 sold for 300$ so I am going to pass on this coin at this price...I would go 325$ max. >>

Good choice. I like #1 better, but keep looking.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Same here #1 is my choice but more like 300$ to max 325$.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second one is not even close to Fine-12. The first one is an old time VG, but given the detail and surfaces on the rest of the coin, it is an above average piece for the grade by today's standards.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • is 300$ to 325$ fair for the 1st one?? or to much??

<< <i>is 300$ to 325$ fair for the 1st one?? or to much?? >>

Thats about the going price.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Moldnut

Do you know where I can find one in this price range? Or lower even?
    Not my series, but I would wait for one to show up on a no reserve ebay auction.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Thanks that is what I will do. I have sent a e-mail to the seller USCoins and asked him is he has another one in his inventory for sale (the guy that sold the PCGS F-15 for 330$).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file