Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any chance this would go MS67

Comments

  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else, I think the haziness in the toning will hold the grade back. It partly depends on how booming the lustre is, but I vote no.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't thinks so, IMHO !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Unable to tell from pictures but the coin looks nice.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭

    From those pics it looks like that "woman" has something to hide, if you catch my drift.

    Nice coin though.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome coin, regardless.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭


    << <i>awesome coin, regardless. >>



    image
    image
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭✭
    The obverse looks easy 67, but the reverse does not.

    It's a nice coin.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think so. the reverse is off. jmo
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has the luster, surfaces, and originality, and the freedom from contact marks necessary for 67. However, the mushy strike above the date and in the shield might keep it at MS66 or even MS65. I have no idea whether these are found well-struck or not, but this one is not fully struck.

  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    its a pretty coin, submit and let us know!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

    Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    I could see that going MS67 easy.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    67 seems quite possible. Can't see it lower than a 66. If it were a Merc dime how would it grade?

    If PCGS won't give it a 67, NGC probably will. They are not as fussy about blast, preferring clean, original, and attractive surfaces.
    Dipping this to get more blast is dumb imo. Eventually the tide will swing the other way.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Always necessary to view coin in hand ... but just by the photos it look as though the coin would be more likely to grade MS67 than not.. Not withstanding the grading service of your choice, I have many PCGS foreign slabs that go for flash over strike....
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Looks very nice. I think it has a shot.
  • Options


    << <i>From those pics it looks like that "woman" has something to hide, if you catch my drift.

    Nice coin though. >>




    Haha. You got me to scroll back. She is definitely packing something. Maybe her chewing tobacco.

    Morgan Everyman Set
    Member, Society of Silver Dollar Collectors.
    Looking for PCGS AU58+ 1901-P, 1896-O, & 1894-O
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I think it has the luster, surfaces, and originality, and the freedom from contact marks necessary for 67. However, the mushy strike above the date and in the shield might keep it at MS66 or even MS65. I have no idea whether these are found well-struck or not, but this one is not fully struck. >>



    image
    image
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs a bath. That might reveal better luster which might lead to your best chance of a 67?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it boils down to how booming the luster is. The rest of the coin looks swell!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    So far majority of you don't think this would go 67, but here is the graded MS66 for comparison.

    image
    image
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Quite a dramatic difference. The first just blows the 66 out of the water!
  • Options
    image
    jetblack740il

    ==================================

    Complete US-PHIL Coins for Sale, Circulation Strikes 1903-1945
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the same weakness in both coins the inscription on the banner is not all there.
    image
  • Options
    I have seen many samples of this date (1937-1945) and you are right, practically reverse shows the lack of detail on the commonwealth issues,
    and thus create the same problems of grading.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file