Home Precious Metals
Options

I'm kind of bummed right now, please show me some eye catching silver you own

Been kind of bummed the last couple days. Get me back in the groove and show me some awesome silver.
And on a personal note to alot of you, you know who you are, thanks for the kind words the other night. It's nice to know I have what I consider to be friends here, even if we've never actually met.

Alright, show it to me baby! image
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    3 kilos and some Marilyn

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Right off the bat huh? I hate you tydye image lol
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why so bummed?

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Here is some italian silver for you!
    Dante has all the answers!

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keepin' the kilo trend alive!!!

I left the guns out for yaimage

Edit: phone auto correct

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    Wow! Nice stuff already.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

I would but its in the mail! image
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a good week so far, some 90% and a neat one ounce piece.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Picture NOT of my actual 45 but closeimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool pieces guys, thanks for sharing !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options

<< <i> some Marilyn

image >>

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! A nude Marilyn is ALWAYS eye-catching especially in that position. That should lift your spirits. My name is 1970SilverArt and I approve of this post. image

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! A nude Marilyn is ALWAYS eye-catching especially in that position. That should lift your spirits. My name is 1970SilverArt and I approve of this post.

Yeah I agree, but in my case, it brings up a bad feeling. image
    Anyway I've got 2 of them, one is really cool, the reverse is Marilyn inverted into the bar is the best way I guess I could explain it. It's pretty cool.
    Keep posting your cool silver bars folks, some incredible stuff so far guys. Keep up the fantastic work picking them off when you see them. I almost always end up having to over pay when I come across them, but what the heck, it's stuff you don't come across everyday.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are 2 oddball medals I own that are .999

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    No great silver pics, but I'm getting this with my recent PM 'potential' gains.
    It makes me feel good, so I hope that makes you feel good.

COA
  • Options
    rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭
    imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice bars all image
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

Becky
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My family of proof Libertads. Nothing like an Angel to lift your spirits.

imageimage

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my favorite pocketpiece.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, derryb, I am fully feeling that 64 as I too have that as a pocket piece! Mine does not look that good, though.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, derryb, I am fully feeling that 64 as I too have that as a pocket piece! Mine does not look that good, though.

Miles >>

I only carry it in my Sunday Go To Church britches. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    WOW! Some really nice silver BARS you all have folks, very nice.
    I see there's always some funny guys posting things silver...in color...because I wasn't specific in saying .999 fine silver bars image That's ok, have your fun lol.
    I got riled up enough for some time earlier this week to get upset about just that, but I do prefer to look at silver bars lol.
  • Options

<< <i>Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! A nude Marilyn is ALWAYS eye-catching especially in that position. That should lift your spirits. My name is 1970SilverArt and I approve of this post.

Yeah I agree, but in my case, it brings up a bad feeling. image
    Anyway I've got 2 of them, one is really cool, the reverse is Marilyn inverted into the bar is the best way I guess I could explain it. It's pretty cool.
    Keep posting your cool silver bars folks, some incredible stuff so far guys. Keep up the fantastic work picking them off when you see them. I almost always end up having to over pay when I come across them, but what the heck, it's stuff you don't come across everyday. >>

The Marilyn Monroe bar with the "inverted" reverse that you are referring to is the 1973 Colonial Mint Marilyn Monroe silver art bar. Among the Marilyn Monroe bars that I have seen, this 1973 Colonial Mint bar is the best one in terms of value and that unique reverse IMO. The two other Marilyn Monroe silver art bars that I am familiar with are the following:

1.) 1984 World Wide Mint "Marilyn Monroe" = this one has the "oval shape" reverse with the weight and purity reverse stamped within the "oval" and "WWM" is stamped on the bottom of that oval.

2.) 1990 Robert Westfall "Marilyn Monroe" = this one has the big "1" on the reverse which is part of the weight and stamp that was stamped on the reverse side of this bar.

There are also some different Marilyn Monroe silver art rounds that were minted but I am not familiar with them but I have seen them online and at some coin shows.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I see there's always some funny guys posting things silver...in color...because I wasn't specific in saying .999 fine silver bars image That's ok, have your fun lol.
    I got riled up enough for some time earlier this week to get upset about just that, but I do prefer to look at silver bars lol. >>

I don't read every thread on this forum so I don't know all backstories. Just what is your problem with toned silver 999 bars? image

• Options
    Just what is your problem with toned silver 999 bars?
    Wasn't talking about what you posted. Posting guns and bullets that happen to be silver in color I can live without seeing, but it's no biggie.
  • Options
    I only carry it in my Sunday Go To Church britches

I carry a 5 oz silver bar in a sock in my pocket when I go out for an evening image. I'd imagine getting hit over the head with a 5 oz bar from a sock wielding beer drinker might hurt a bit.
    Plus if anyone asks me if that's a roll of quarters in my pocket, I can say no, it's a 5 oz silver bar. Wanna see it? image