Home Metal Detecting
Options

,updated with ?

well i just found out about an unmarked graveyard in town up in the woods of north stamford. in the vicinity of two old school houses that date to mid 1800s. several old farmlands and 2 old mills. looks like i have a whole day to hunt. cant wait till mornin. please rain hold off till night fall. made it out to potters field and not much to report other than 95 cents in clad. and tons of junk. but big question for the pro,s? why was a large rock 2ft wide and about 1ft above ground making my detector jump off the scale? all the ground around it was clear. but when waving it over the rock it was crazy. any thoughts thnx dave.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh this does sound promising. Keep is posted with tomorrow's finds
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck mrguby.....we await your results....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck with that and please do keep us informed. im in northern ct and it can be a good thing when you find the right spot image
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you find so many good things you're still logging them? :-)
  • Options
    nope. just had to postpone till tue..
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are all a-twitter waiting for your report......the suspense is torture.....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    iron rich meteorite?????????????????
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely not a pro, but just throwing out a couple of ideas:

1. Was it a rock and not a chunk of concrete? If concrete, could be rebar within that chunk.

2. Probably obvious, but did you move the rock (if possible)? Maybe something beneath it?

3. Maybe some type of ore?