Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone ever see this PAMP bar?

VetterVetter Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭
Cool looking bar and would love to own it, just can't swing it at this time. Anyone ever see it in gold before?
Pamp
Members I have done business with:
Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the link isn't working you have an extra http at the front
  • Options
    Crap, can't get it to work. Any way it's item #221127134476
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been saved in my watch list for some time now.

I saw the silver one with the same design fetch 115.00 about a year ago...

I like the style but the premium is way to high.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially seeing that it appears to be badly hairlined. Somebody was getting hairy palms with it!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen the gold one...but I do have the silver one... ***********AUTUMNAL EQUINOX**********

imageimage

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Never seen the gold one...but I do have the silver one... ***********AUTUMNAL EQUINOX**********
    >>

I was about to call you in, Opa. I remember you showed us the seasons themed silver bars from Pamp.
    Never seen a gold one either.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Wow, lots of eye appeal there!
    I want one!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Beautiful OPA,

Are there four bars, one for each season?

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Beautiful OPA,

Are there four bars, one for each season? >>

I don't know....the only seasonal bars that I've ever seen, is this one and one with all 4 ladies pictured on one bar.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Beautiful OPA,

nice details.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    I have never seen the gold version of that PAMP bar before on ebay or anywhere else. I did find and buy the silver version of that bar at a coin show earlier this year and I paid a .999 generic silver premium for it. Needless to say, it is a very nice bar. The Archie Kidd book (2009 "red" version) lists the silver version of the bar as "Nude Honey Comb with Bees" and it was minted in 1984. I did not know that they could fetch that large of a winning bid of as much as $115 since I have never seen the "Nude Honey Comb with Bees"silver art bar sell on ebay before I did not know that the gold version existed until I read this thread. Generally speaking, PAMP bars will get a large premium on ebay.
    DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Beautiful OPA,

I don't know....the only seasonal bars that I've ever seen, is this one and one with all 4 ladies pictured on one bar. >>

Those are the only ones that I am familiar with. I think that those are only season as far as I know.
    DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options

<< <i>It's been saved in my watch list for some time now.

I saw the silver one with the same design fetch 115.00 about a year ago...

I like the style but the premium is way to high. >>

I am guessing that this is a fairly rare bar since I have not seen one ebay at all. I really do not know how rare (or common) that bar is because the Archie Kidd guidebooks that I have do not list the mintage number for that particular bar.
  • Options
    I do remember that auction because I had dealt with the seller and saved them as a favorite as they were liquidating a lot of unique silverbars.

Spot silver was around 40-42 @ the time.

• Options

<< <i>I do remember that auction because I had dealt with the seller and saved them as a favorite as they were liquidating a lot of unique silverbars.

Spot silver was around 40-42 @ the time. >>

That particular silver art bar is an example of the type of silver that is not sensitive to the down movement of spot silver. If one ever showed on up on ebay, then I would make a wild guess that it would probably go for around that price even though spot is lower now than it was when you saw that auction.

• Options
    All I know is I would trade 3 silver eagles for one of them.