Home Metal Detecting

been awhile...

hello folks glad to be back. missed the forum vmuch. been detecting for a couple of weeks with a borrowed prism and it has been challenging. no pics but i managed to rack up a small load of items, 34 clad quarters, 21 clad nickles, 62 clad dimes, no silver. 1 1897 IHC ,3 wheaties, and about 2 dollars in stinkin lincolns. 1 gold dollar 2003, 2 tokens, my three sons which is a game room, and one that reads the tree house, 1 non silver broach,1 skeleton key,1 hot wheels chassie,1 lost key, 1 old dog tag,1 bulldog pin that reads mack,some old copper pieces, and finally on monday at an old ball field my first gold chain and cross. very thin not much wieght actually got me $67.20 this mornin, and a mens titanium ring of no value.but the best part was being off with nice wheather out and about.priceless...still gonna do some hunting before i return the md.

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. I remember you.

<< <i>1 skeleton key >>

Always a fun find. Been years since I dug one.

<< <i>1 bulldog pin that reads mack >>

That would no doubt be the logo of Mack Trucks, which started in 1900. If it's an older style, it could have some value to it, who knows?

<< <i>my first gold chain and cross. very thin not much wieght actually got me $67.20 this mornin >>

Nice find!

Are you gonna buy another detector, or borrow this one again?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like those finds were keeping you busy! That gold chain may have been thin, but seeing that gold is certainly better than foil, plus $67.20 is no chump change. Keep that detector as long as you can, haha. Or, might be good time to buy one!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back and great finds mrguby......Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome back image