Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Todays at melt purchase

I havent looked these up yet but I know I did very well, not alot of world coins have been brought in to local dealer here lately so this was a very nice haul for me.

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice big 5-lire piece! I'd buy those at melt all day long, if they were in that kind of condition! image

A neat mixture overall.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1915 Australia One shilling turned out to be the big winner in my eyes, my out dated krause has it as $60 in Fine and $175 in VF. Key date to the series with 500K mintage.

The one rupee maybe very hard for my to attribute correctly as I dont know the difference from type 1 2 3 revs and a b c obv and the possible over dates.

Rust marks came righto off the two coins that had them with a quick soak in WD40. My guess is they came from the same place.
  • YQQYQQ Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinx..
    since when does silver rust?
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • YQQYQQ Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the 1941 NFL, you might check if the date, or part of the date, is re-punched....
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life

• << <i>since when does silver rust? >>

Easy answer. Silver doesn't rust. If it's mixed in with coins that do, rust can get on it, though.
    and it can be very hard to get off
    very slim chance of a 1/1 2nd being to the right
  • ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    All day long for spot!image Nice pickups! -Dan
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look like fun too!

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    nice little variety!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • rec78rec78 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice purchase-Years ago I used to make purchases like this all the time. No one cared much about foreign coins and most dealers seemed uninterested in them except for silver value. I like the little Isabel 2r. I think the rust may be removable.
    Bob