Home Metal Detecting
Options

PCGS69's finds are insane.

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I thought that days of going to a local park and pulling out seated and Barber coinage were well past us. Does no one else even detect in your area? Like Demodigger mentioned, he's been forced into dump diving (A hobby I appreciate as well) and demo'd lots.

In 6 years of detecting, parks have yielded one silver ring for me.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, PCGS69 sucks. image

But I am certain he works very hard at it, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! It's a little luck, a little skill, a little of the detector, a little of the conditions, and a lot of digging. All you need is a good prospective spot and just work it slow and dig plenty of beeps. There will always be loads of trash as LordM noted, but it just takes one good find to make the trip worthwhile. Plus, I've gone out almost 90 times this year, so that helps the odds a bit. Anyone with enough time and the right places can do just as well, or even better. There's still plenty of stuff out there.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is alot of hard word and sore knees at times but the pay off is certainly there image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS69 is correct..... there is still plenty out there, but it takes dedication and diligence....Cheers, RickO