Home Metal Detecting

i dug that elusive silver coin that everyone wants...

took some friends to a "secret spot" of mine yesterday. its a dried up lake that used to be popular for swimming. i had hoped they would have dug some silvers. as expected, its loaded with trash. luckily, gophers bring coins to the surface sometimes.

Comments

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres nothing wrong with that demo. youll get em the next time your out
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Demo! Don't see too many SLQs being found. And yours has a full date and even a mintmark. Looks like your September is shaping up to be a good one.
  • These 2 guys are newbies, neither have dug more than a few silvers. Had hoped they could have got they're first mercs or barbers.

Ive dug several worn slq's and found some very nice ones too. Got one that was AU, but with a huge scrap from a tractor.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been quite a few years since I dug one o' them!

Thanks for the site shots, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im glad to see theres plenty of room there for digging image happy hunting
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a good, even, original amount of color and crustiness. Fantastic!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great find Demo.... and likely a lot more among the trash there.....Cheers, RickO