Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1962 Pressman Roger Maris Card - PSA Flip Error - Update by Swartz1

Hi everyone

I've been very busy with other stuff tho I do try to read your posts every day.

I was looking at a couple of cards - both obscure - noticed a similarity and then realized PSA has a "flip" error.

First - I was looking at the 1962 Gehl's Ice Cream card and realized it looked familiar.

The batting stance is one of the Maris cards and it looked suspiciously like a set of cards that I have in the 1962 game - Roger Maris Baseball Game.

The set comes with 88 "outcome" cards that 'drive' the play and determine how one does.

When I was searching for board games, since I do a very generic search - the Maris came up in a PSA holder:

If you notice - the game card is listed as "Pressman" - "Action Baseball Game"

This couldn't be more wrong - the Pressman game is a "skill" game with a bat and marbles and has no cards - as I said it's the Maris Baseball Game - that has the cards.

Here's the Pressman Game - no cards:

And the Maris game by Play-Rite Inc.

The cards are not only on the flips I saw but I checked the Registry and the card is listed that way also.

I'll try to get a note off to the registry about this - it's no big deal - just something a game board guy would notice. image
Mike

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike, thanks for sharing that info and the games and card.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Mike, thanks for sharing that info and the games and card. >>

Thanx Steve!
    Mike
  • Options
    Thats pretty cool. I was just on youtube about 3 days ago and saw the commercial for this board game. Check it out if you haven't. Kinda cheesy but at least he makes an appearance.
  • Options

<< <i>Thats pretty cool. I was just on youtube about 3 days ago and saw the commercial for this board game. Check it out if you haven't. Kinda cheesy but at least he makes an appearance. >>

Sure have Marc!

The game was manufactured over about a 5 to 8 year period with different versions of the cover - tho the one that looks like a newspaper is my favorite.

The same game comes in a "Yaz" and "Seaver" along with a "generic" version.
    Mike
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I had one of those action games when I was a kid. Don't remember if Maris endorsed it or not, but it was fun to play.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>I had one of those action games when I was a kid. Don't remember if Maris endorsed it or not, but it was fun to play. >>

Hiya Doug - as I said - the game came in a "generic" version as well as a Yaz and Seaver variation.
    Mike
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    any updates with this to report?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I just had a few of these pop...was trying for the elusive 10

looks like PSA dropped the pressman label...

just says Roger Maris Game now...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>I just had a few of these pop...was trying for the elusive 10

looks like PSA dropped the pressman label...

just says Roger Maris Game now... >>

Glad to see that PSA corrected the error. Thanx for the update!

I did contact them but they never got back to me.
    Mike
  • Options
    This thread due to the scans gone may not make sense to some.

Here's a couple of the original flips:

And the actual game that the cards come from:

and the game erroneously cited with the flip:

and the "corrected" flip:

Mike