Home Metal Detecting
Options

Gold Prospecting - Sept 2 - nugget

Did some more gold prospecting in NH yesterday. Was feeding dirt into the sluice, getting exciting about all the little specs of flour gold, when all of a sudden... "plink". A piece went into the sluice and just sat there in front of the mat. Water flow would not move it through the sluice. I called over my brother. No way could that piece be gold. It was. Nice little nugget weighing in just under 0.5 grams.

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats crazy, congrats!
  • Options
    is it just my screen or does that look like a dog in the second pic on the nuggey,, very cool find, hope to do it myself one day,, maybe,,j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow awesome nugget!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great find.... I would work that area a lot more... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

bobimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, that is a great find. like rick said id work that area some more and see how ya do. happy hunting
  • Options
    We worked the same area for quite a while. Found more flour gold, but no more nuggets. Have many more places to try in the same area. We will be back.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move some big rocks and work the inside corners of the stream where water is moving fast. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a friend move a large boulder under water while dredging and he pulled out a nice flat potatoe shaped nugget about 3 oz!
    This was out in California back in the 1990's when dredging was still legal! Looks like you might find alot more. Keep looking.
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions