Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Worst PSA 8 Ever? 3rd Time's a Charm

Auction

Does this look like water damage after grading?
Joel

Comments

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Looks like something happened as there is no way it graded a PSA 8 like that before it got slabbed. This would have never happened if the card was left in its original pack. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • How dare you question a St. Rick auction. That card has a shot at a 10 if he cracks it and sends it in. The nerve of some people!
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    GEM MINT 10(PD) all day long.
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    ouch i sure hope that is water damage after the card was graded..
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How dare you question a St. Rick auction. That card has a shot at a 10 if he cracks it and sends it in. The nerve of some people! >>

edit-carry on image
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • PSA is the leader in TPG. If they say it's an 8, then it's an 8.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭
    This card was discussed before. Why would anyone even put that up for auction is beyond me. I would think it would question the sellers integrity.
  • Someone needs to find the first auction when it was a PSA 4
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Apparently Nolan Ryan cards cannot walk on water.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Think the consigner has to say something in the description or refuse to sell that one....terrible.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I have one better than that, but figured mine would only grade about a 7 on a good day....maybe should sent it in
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Wow this auction is still going strong ... over $115!

• << <i>Think the consigner has to say something in the description or refuse to sell that one....terrible. >>

PROBSTEIN123 accepts CONSIGNMENTS, but PROBSTEIN123 doesn't do DESCRIPTIONS !!! image
  • Someone needs to do a search of past sales of PSA 7 ST or PSA 5
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    What a joke. A classic case of bidding on the holder and not the card

I thought that particular consignor only took certain quality cards...?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very old flip. My guess is that it sustained water damage after being holdered. Should not be sold damaged like that, even with a pic, imo..

Edit to add: Definitely got water damaged after holdering...you can even see the water spots on the flip itself..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    blind bidders...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Think the consigner has to say something in the description or refuse to sell that one....terrible. >>

PROBSTEIN123 accepts CONSIGNMENTS, but PROBSTEIN123 doesn't do DESCRIPTIONS !!! image >>

...or back scans
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Think the consigner has to say something in the description or refuse to sell that one....terrible. >>

+1
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    I am surprised water could get in (and that appears to be the culprit given the staining on the flip). Now I am curious to experiment by throwing one of my grading "mistakes" in my pool and see what happens.
  • Unbelievable($115)!!!!

• << <i>It's back. Ugliest PSA 8 Ever >>

So wait, somebody paid $115 for that ugly card and then immediately asked to have it consigned by the same seller? Or did they return it? It has to be one of those two, because it can't be safety bidding gone wrong.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's deja vu all over again, LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
  • Safety bidsimage
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    This thread is too funny!

aconte
  • jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    This card sold for even more the second time around... $124.07 vs. $115.07.
    Joel
  • jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    This cards keeps coming back to auction...

PSA 8 Nolan Ryan

At some point, shouldn't a seller say there is clearly something wrong with the card.
    Joel
  • WTF!