Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

5 oz ATB submission Q

7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
It's been a while since I submitted some of these.....

But am I correct for FS, Modern, Oversize Holder = $18+$20+$14=$52 ea plus freight.

Can anyone confirm...?

Comments

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow someone still submits these? image You forgot the 8 dollar handling fee but otherwise you look right on.........Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭
    Okay, I have to ask. Why do you want to grade bullion?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, I have to ask. Why do you want to grade bullion? >>

well, better check closing prices for the following before submission:
    MS69DMPL
    and SP70
    and the "light finish" SP ones.

if the prices for the above are holding up, perhaps it's a good idea to submit them if you are absolutely 100% sure they qualify. Otherwise, it is an expensive proposition as tommy confirmed.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Have a few sealed boxes "in date"
    P mint satin finishes - 2010
    SP70's are bringing big bucks on some of those.....
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Very expensive. I graded 10 last year. Not one was a winner. $500 down the drain. But nothing tops my 100 coin washington First Day of Issue bulk submission for $1300 in 07.
  • Options

<< <i> But nothing tops my 100 coin washington First Day of Issue bulk submission for $1300 in 07. >>

Me and my buddy did the same - but a FULL BOX as bulk, $6 each for those that went 65 or better, BU on those that didnt. I think my half of the charges was around $2800, but I can say that we scored enough higher grades and flipped them fast on the bay to get out from under the grading fees and other selling fees and make a few hundred.
  • Options
    My feeling is that if you score a SP70 on a Hot Springs or a Grand Canyon, it'll pay for all charges and then some.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My feeling is that if you score a SP70 on a Hot Springs or a Grand Canyon, it'll pay for all charges and then some. >>

How many times have we all said this? It does bring a smile to my face as I went thru that faze, My buddy came by today who I talked in to sending in his and mine SP sets 2010 out of 10 we got 3 69's and 7 68's, I felt so bad I gave him the 3 69 and mine sit in the vault. Its about getting lucky sometimes and I have always been lucky...........just not with these..........good luck............Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    You are right - its all about luck. I've had runs of good luck and also runs of bad luck.

I try to stagger my purchases, so as to hopefully mix the group of coins I get from the USM. Who knows if it does any good. image

So, since im sitting on a bunch of sealed FS eligible silver beer bottle coasters, you either try your luck or sell them sealed. The prices sealed havent excited me.

• Options
    SP means Semi proof? Sorry sort of noobish with this
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭

<< <i>SP means Semi proof? Sorry sort of noobish with this >>

Specimen.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You are right - its all about luck. I've had runs of good luck and also runs of bad luck.

I try to stagger my purchases, so as to hopefully mix the group of coins I get from the USM. Who knows if it does any good. image

So, since im sitting on a bunch of sealed FS eligible silver beer bottle coasters, you either try your luck or sell them sealed. The prices sealed havent excited me. >>

GL 7over8, I was in the same boat and got lucky and hit one 70, the other 4 are now just slabbed bullion but I got lucky there too as one of my friends that does heating and AC took one as a payment and loved it. Now I am saving the others for him when I need work down. woot
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I did get luck in 2010 when I submitted my Grand Canyon 5 oz from NTB. It graded PCGS FS MS 69 DMPL. I am almost sure that PCGS uses my true view on Coin Facts. Yes, had some winners and losers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file