Home Precious Metals
Options

finally got all my $100 coins in today.

after 2 weeks of waiting, i finally got shipment this morning. image

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this a short term bounce bet or a long-term trend bet?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, Pt had a nice bump up in price during the wait too image

Buying physical Pt is generally a long term bet, since the premiums can get pretty ugly on this thinly traded metal. When spot drops hard, the premiums go up so much that the price essentially stays the same as before the dip. That is assuming you can even find any for sale. Plenty of dealers (even the big ones) pull Pt from the "shelves" when spot drops quickly.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

I love SuperStackers™

That's about my net worth right there in that picture.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Love it. Very nice.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just what the forum doctor ordered - another serious stacker. Very impressive. Well done.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    WOWWWW!
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

That picture made me think that it would be fun playing poker with those! image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>image

That picture made me think that it would be fun playing poker with those! image >>

yep, looks like he's "all in." image

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your next assignment .... add 100 $50 AGE's & 100 ASE's to that stack for comparison and take a pictureimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice !!!
    Sounds like you picked the
    right time to purchase them.
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I'm still in shock. Amazing...
    COA
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    WOW! That is a lot of platinum.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pile!

I agree on the poker, that would be one nice game! I keep a couple hundred ikes around for poker games, sound better splashing the pot than just clay chips.
  • Options
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trumps me big time. That's awesome!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    most of these coins seem to be in fairly brand new condition. i'm new to coin grading, but would it be worth it to grade them? how does this grading system work? i have a few ms69 coins that have minor scratches/dents on them, yet i see them being sold on apmex for $1800+ each. would it be worth it to send a couple of these coins to get graded? if so, which company would be the best to do this?
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Probably not worth it. Unless you have some that are perfect enough to get MS70. I think on common date 1 oz PAE's getting MS69 is a break even venture at best, and you're out the grading fees on any that go 68 or less.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options

<< <i>most of these coins seem to be in fairly brand new condition. i'm new to coin grading, but would it be worth it to grade them? how does this grading system work? i have a few ms69 coins that have minor scratches/dents on them, yet i see them being sold on apmex for $1800+ each. would it be worth it to send a couple of these coins to get graded? if so, which company would be the best to do this? >>

Only if they are the proof version APE's. Yes...if they are problem free..I'm partial to PCGS graded coins for modern issues. NGC seems a little bid loose for the moderns for my taste.
    Since your scans only show the obverse, you can tell if it's a proof by the reverse design which changes yearly. 1998, a Bald Eagle flying over New England and rocky beach town with light house; full moon in sky.

Don't bother getting the bullion version graded.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats not to like about that. congrats image
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are the Platinum Baron. image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very awesome stack!image

Regarding grading, I'd definitely sort out the candidates that have virtually no marks and send one or two of the best in to PCGS.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    slim to no chance for any 70's since they have not been protected in mint capsules.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome group of platinum coins

It is interesting to note that the same face value of gold or silver coins would be worth more.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>slim to no chance for any 70's since they have not been protected in mint capsules. >>

good point

so, skip grading.

did you get any other year other than 1998?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    Wow. Really impressive stack
  • Options

<< <i>For your next assignment .... add 100 $50 AGE's & 100 ASE's to that stack for comparison and take a pictureimage >>

unfortunately I do not have any american silver eagles.

• Options
    Geez, Hankbert. Getting into precious metals are you?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I just LUV that new stack photo!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good job!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For your next assignment .... add 100 $50 AGE's & 100 ASE's to that stack for comparison and take a pictureimage >>

unfortunately I do not have any american silver eagles.

image >>

I can supply you with the needed ones for one of those common yellow ones. image
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That picture is marvelous to behold!

It discloses why PMs have been a favorite of wealth preservation since time immemorial.

Congrats! image
  • Options
    I foresee Hankbert being a very popular new member..
  • Options
    I think you should carefully examine all of your Plats and pick out the nicest ones from each date. The earlier issues have the highest mintage, but I also suspect they've had the highest attrition rates.

I'm just sayin'.

I knew it would happen.