Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I feel like giving back........Winner to Third Question, More Later!

Want to have some fun and give back a little to the boards over the coming days. Nothing extravagant, but will be something any collector can appreciate. First person to answer the following question will receive a 89 UD Randy Johnson and John Smoltz RC. Cards are Mint.

Q: My favorite football team is the Ohio State Buckeyes. Who is my all time favorite Ohio State football player? (bporter26 you unfortunately are not eligible). image

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭✭
    Corneilus Greene

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Archie Griffin
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Chris Spielman! (from my home town) image
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Lachey

Dave
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Eddie George?
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>Chris Spielman! (from my home town) >>

BINGO we have a winner. send me your address Jeff.

Q: My grandpa was in business with a Buckeye football player. Name that player and you win a 83 Donruss Tony Gwynn RC. It's at least a MINT RC.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Jack Tatum
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    Man, I loved watching Andy Katzenmoyer play... he was a beast.

EDIT: The stupid timeline thing is doing it again... I posted this after the other two guys who posted Andy Katzenmoyer.
  • Options
    Andy Katzenmoyer
  • Options
    wrightywrighty Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    Andy Katzenmoyer
  • Options
    Chris Speilman
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    Glad to see your officially back Matt!!! image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    randy gradishar
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Q: My grandpa was in business with a Buckeye football player. Name that player and you win a 83 Donruss Tony Gwynn RC. It's at least a MINT RC. >>

Art Schlichter. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Chris Spielman! (from my home town) >>

BINGO we have a winner. send me your address Jeff.

Q: My grandpa was in business with a Buckeye football player. Name that player and you win a 83 Donruss Tony Gwynn RC. It's at least a MINT RC. >>

NICE!! Chris Spielman is also my favorite player... here's me wearing my Chris Spielman Cleveland Browns jersey. Cleveland Magazine took this picture of me for their magazine last November... image

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Andy Katzenmoyer?
  • Options
    My grandpa was in business with a Buckeye football player. Name that player and you win a 83 Donruss Tony Gwynn RC. It's at least a MINT RC.

Joe Staysniak
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Alonzo Spellman...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    I just realized you said grandpa..........that would mean someone like

Howard "Hopalong" Cassady
  • Options
    Chuck Hutchinson
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>Howard "Hopalong" Cassady >>

Winner! Send me your address Jim.

I have some crazy wedding pictures of my mom and dad, grandma and grandpa, and Hop and his wife.

Last Q for tonight: My grandpa's best friend was a Buckeye great in one of the big sports. In fact the two of them were so close, they had surgery together. Who was this Buckeye great?

Edit to add: winner gets a 82 Ripken Donruss, Fleer RC Lot and plus some other goodies.
  • Options
    Jim Parker
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Vic Janowicz

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Les Horvath
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Frank Ellwood
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Maybe one time NY Met pitcher and team mate of Hopalong Cassidy at OHIO STATE ... Galen Cisco????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I'm still gonna guess!

Frank Howard? Jerry Lucas? John Havlicek? HAHAHAHA
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Matt. image
    Mike
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Richard Petty image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭✭
    Hopalong Cassiday
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Arnie Risen?
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Bobby Hoying?
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    The honeybadger??
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Robin Freeman
  • Options

<< <i>Frank Howard? Jerry Lucas? John Havlicek? HAHAHAHA >>

Jerry Lucas is correct! Send me your addy Doug.

My grandpa went to the hospital for hemroid surgery and Jerry decided to go and have something done ( I don't know what he was in for). Remembering that medicine and hospitals are completely different now than they were back then, the two shared a room. Well a nurse came in to take my grandpa's temperature which back then was done via a backdoor insertion. She asked which guy was (my grandpa's name) and with Jerry Lucas sleeping, my grandpa told the nurse that Jerry was ( my grandpa).

Will continue this tonight............

• Options
    THAT is a funny story Matt! Thanks for the contest!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug