Home Precious Metals
Options

Peter Schiff says BUY.

Linky

Been buying with whatever is left from my meager HD paycheck.

Mostly generic silver bars.

Gold Buffalos and Pete started my addiction.

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

Peter Schiff also owns a precious metals company.

I'm sure the owner of the Home Depot also says buy................lumber.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    I work for HD too and I say EVERYONE needs to remodel their home right now! I'd like my stock to be at $100/share so I can sell it and buy losts of gold and silver. image
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    It begins.

I would highly analyze Peter's bias, interest and motivation in this video on buying gold now? I consider his first 36 seconds to be of value and would stop there, basically that he earlier recommended to buy early before the breakout. Now, he is backtracking and saying to buy now, at what he considers a breakout and a higher price.

So what advice from him sounds reasonable, "to buy earlier and not now", or "disregard his own earlier advice and buy now".

I would rather miss a buy window and feel regret. Just my point of view at this time.
    COA
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Peter Schiff also owns a precious metals company.

I'm sure the owner of the Home Depot also says buy................lumber. >>

I knew Sinclair owned a PM company. I was unaware that Peter owned one. Which one?

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Euro Pacific Precious Metals. Minimum order size for gold and silver is $10K. Not a wee-people friendly establishment.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭

QE3 (maybe?) and protection of assets, where does one stash a bunk of lumber? image

• Options
    Buy now, when the price is going up? Why not buy during the summer, when prices were going nowhere.

Schiff is just talking his book.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Schiff is one of the good guys. All he means in this recent video is that it's "not too late" get add to your PM position. This upward movement in the market is a great sign for PM bulls. I've caught falling knives a few times now, so I resolved to wait for a significant period of support followed by an uptick before making any major buys. I think we just hit that this week. Sure it will still bounce around from the high 20s to low 30s for a while, but I am staying alert for any small dip now before pulling a biggish trigger.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Schiff recently added a PM company in the last couple of years, way after he started recommending gold in early 2000s. Looks like he puts his money where his mouth is, I wish they all did.

<< <i> would highly analyze Peter's bias, interest and motivation in this video on buying gold now? I consider his first 36 seconds to be of value and would stop there, basically that he earlier recommended to buy early before the breakout. Now, he is backtracking and saying to buy now, at what he considers a breakout and a higher price.
    So what advice from him sounds reasonable, "to buy earlier and not now", or "disregard his own earlier advice and buy now" >>

Maybe the same economic melody has been playing so long, his unchanging advice is as good now as it was in 2005 and most all points in between. I started stacking in 2006 after reading his "Crash Proof." His reasoning made sense then and continues to do so.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I knew Sinclair owned a PM company. I was unaware that Peter owned one. Which one?

MJ

>>

Schiff's gold mine
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    If you did not buy during the summer lull, it's not too late. That's all he's saying.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ

>>

Schiff's gold mine >>

Ya, I had a brain cramp. I did know that. I somehow read or interpreted that earlier comment as a mining company which I knew wasn't the case. Bad MJ.

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Schiff and follow what he says.

He does however have a vested interest in the sale of PM's though.

On the otherhand, I do believe it's a good time to buy.

What's my point?.....I really don't knowimage
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the substance of what he's saying, and at this point I also happen to agree with his timing.

Let's take a look back a few months. In January or so, the fact that it is an election year adds credence to the belief that QE was going to happen sometime during the year. If the economy made a comeback before the election, that's all fine and good - no QE would have been "needed".

Now it's crunch time for the party in power if they want good vibes about the economy going into the election. The irony of course is that the more malinvestment they stimulate without promoting the policies that result in real economic growth, the worse the hangover is going to be.

Time to play their last Ace in the Hole.

My own opinion hasn't changed either. If I knew of a better place to put money, I'd be doing it. I bought gold yesterday and I'm still going to make at least one more buy this year, unless the price runs away too quickly. I don't mind buying on the way up, if it's fairly early. My perception is that it's fairly early still.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter sounds like s great guy to hang out with at a party.

Just before you jump off a bridge.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prolly a little bit of mania thereimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Peter sounds like s great guy to hang out with at a party.

Just before you jump off a bridge.

image >>

don't jump.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt