Home Precious Metals

Silver Price Poll

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
Will silver's price (in dollars) surpass your age (in years) before you die?
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely YES!!

Especially in US dollars.

Anybody under the age of 55 who expects to live till 85 is a complete moron if they voted NO (sorry for the unpleasant choice of words).
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I hope so, i am 73!
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I voted Yes, and I believe so.
    I'm 58 and over the next 10 years (If I make it) I see $58 happening easy....

Yikes, Oh, Only thing is each year I have to add another $1 ($68), so that means It'll be right on the line every minute.
    Doah! Thanks for the anxiety! rotfl

However, gold will hit $800.

(But option 4 is interesting, since I don't plan to die with a single ounce of silver or gold.
    But now, thanks to this poll I'm planing my demise based on the price of Silver...
    Fun poll, thanks.)
    COA
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also 58, but I don't see this happening !!!
    Timbuk3
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 45; if the price of silver in dollars ever intersects my age in years, I'm selling every ounce of my silver bullion (but will retain everything numismatic and enjoy watching it turning into bullion image )

I voted No for 3 reasons: One, there is a LOT of physical silver (not to mention paper silver imageimage yes that's a double-winkie on that one) that will be for sale if/when the price exceeds $50, because that's the target of many silver owners (admit it: you all will sell some silver at $44, won't you??. Two, the cost of mining silver is under $10 per ounce, and even less on average when it's a nice byproduct of gold, copper, tin, lead, or other mineral mining, and at $50 silver, there will be incentive for more production/melting as well as conservation/recycling by silver consuming industries, which will increase supply and reduce demand. And three by voting No maybe I will jinx the world to prove me wrong by making the answer Yes and I will get to reap that windfall and retire early to a tropical setting. go silver go! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it does sell all scrap silver or excess silver.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.... 70 years old.....smoker for 50+ years.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    too late.
    i was 46 when silver hit $48

next question is: (when) will it do that again? image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Passed it again today
    I am 29

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of posters need to read the question a little more carefully.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I voted too late it already has, The better question is, will it double my age by the time I go away?
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figure I am about (hopefully only) half dead. Lots can happen in the next 44 years. I decline to vote.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    I read on the internet that silver won't go above $30 for the next 30-40 years, so based on that, I had to vote 'no'.