Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold starting to break out?

SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
$1640! I bet the shorts are crapping their pants! (evil grin) Close above 1646.40... pretty please!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!

Comments

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    COA
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope so !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    selling opportunity

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going nowhere fast.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get excited over a daily 1% increase. 5%+daily will get my attention.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>selling opportunity >>

When it hits the low 17's
  • Options

<< <i>Gold is on the verge of a technical breakout. Kitco says so, so it must be true!image >>

I believe if you did the opposite of what Kitco has been saying over the last several years, you'd be rich.

Wow...responded to your question before it even got posted....time to buy a lottery ticketimage
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold is on the verge of a technical breakout. Kitco says so, so it must be true!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, OPA. No fair posting your reply before the remarks they respond to!!!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, OPA. No fair posting your reply before the remarks they respond to!!! >>

I must be one of those "Alpha's ... image
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    any cheerleaders in the house?
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miners had a great morning....then gave it all back. Not the most bullish signal with OE week only several days away.

Gold doesn't have to follow the miners. But it's nice when they stay in sync. Maybe a head-fake breakout. Then the real thing in the near future?
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I think the Fed meeting will be a dud. I really was hoping for one more pull back.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    breakouts usually occur when they are least expected.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think sliver and oil have been sniffing out quantitative easing leading into Jackson Hole. It's been such a boring PM summer I would welcome a break in price either way.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think sliver and oil have been sniffing out quantitative easing leading into Jackson Hole. It's been such a boring PM summer I would welcome a break in price either way.

MJ >>

My meeting in Jackson Hole last week indicated the QE bulls will be disappointed. This is why bonds have sold off and is exactly what the FED wants. Money flowing into bonds has hurt equities. The FED wants higher equities--higher equity prices means higher tax revenue (ask Clinton how this works). High bond prices helps no one--forget about the "savings" from low interest payments. Do the calculations some day on the interest paid at 2% vs 4%.

High bond prices dont make investors feel rich, but high equity prices do. When you feel rich, you spend money. Thanks for listening Ben.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think sliver and oil have been sniffing out quantitative easing leading into Jackson Hole. It's been such a boring PM summer I would welcome a break in price either way.

MJ >>

My meeting in Jackson Hole last week indicated the QE bulls will be disappointed. This is why bonds have sold off and is exactly what the FED wants. Money flowing into bonds has hurt equities. The FED wants higher equities--higher equity prices means higher tax revenue (ask Clinton how this works). High bond prices helps no one--forget about the "savings" from low interest payments. Do the calculations some day on the interest paid at 2% vs 4%.

High bond prices dont make investors feel rich, but high equity prices do. When you feel rich, you spend money. Thanks for listening Ben. >>

If you were on the other side of this retort you may find that comment as a positive for QE bulls. I can live with higher equity prices and higher PM pieces or just one or the other at this point. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......