Home Metal Detecting
Options

quick 20 minutes at an old school house

I took an hour off today. Drove 15 minutes to a neighboring town where I recently noticed they are working on an old school house. It's not that old. Was closed up for a while. May have been an apartment at one time. Used the detector for about 20 minutes and headed back home. The yard is kind of a mess. Poison ivy everywhere. Lots of old wood on the lawn with nails sticking straight up. An old well was barely covered. Animal bones scattered all over.

Found a couple square headed nails, a few pieces of metal, what looks like a child's ring, and a hair barrette. Unfortunately the diamonds in the barrette seem to be broken. image

-Norm

Comments

• Options
    Nice little hunt! I like the hair clip!

HH
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting site..... could be more there, check around the foundation (if not already done). Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds and interesting site.

The 'diamonds' are not diamond but most likely foil back cut glass.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Kudos for pushing through the ivy. I've found mostly nails at construction sites myself, especially roofing nails (because they tend to get tossed off by roofers and/or roll off during tile removal). Often wondered whether it's worth visiting sites like that.

Do you guys tend to seek out construction sites for the fresh, unearthed goods? Or do you avoid them and the nails that follow?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE