Home Metal Detecting
Options

Question.

Has anyone ever posted pictures of their best ten finds over the years? I have seen so many good coins and jewelry items posted in here that would make a great top ten list. If there is any interest in posting your best ten items, I will start with my best ten and we can run a little contest to see who found the best item...No prizes, just for the fun of it.
MDH

Comments

• Options
    i dont seem to see yours yet.
    this is my most valueable find ever, worth almost 4K total
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really should do a "greatest hits" video or post one of these days.

Unfortunately, my best digging happened in my pre-camera, pre-Internet days.

Sadly, I still lack pictures of most of the stuff, though I have kept all of the coins and some of the relics.

It's a "to-do" project, for sure.

The "Mysterious Ming Medallion" was one of my more intriguing finds.

Not too many diggers get Oregon Trail halves, either, I'll bet.

And then there was this.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds all!

LordM, digging the facial hair and trucker hat.

Let's see...

Here's my best silver day (10). The reason you see 11 and a silver earring was an SLQ and the earring were found the next day.

Best ugly piece of jewelry

Best Capped Bust dime (also my only)

Best Large Cent

Best Old Gold

Best gold - 18k about 42 grams gross weight

Best Button (one of the only few pieces I sold)

Best Buckle - Sterling silver
  • Options

<< <i>LordM, digging the facial hair and trucker hat. >>

That's a Fisher metal detector cap, I'll have you know. image

I'm back to facial hair again, after eight years of clean-shaven-ness. I presently look more like this Y2K-era photo than my avatar (just a bit older, greyer, and fatter, haha).

Continental button? Wow. Ten silvers in a day? Wow. (My best day was five.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>LordM, digging the facial hair and trucker hat. >>

That's a Fisher metal detector cap, I'll have you know. image

I'm back to facial hair again, after eight years of clean-shaven-ness. I presently look more like this Y2K-era photo than my avatar (just a bit older, greyer, and fatter, haha).

Continental button? Wow. Ten silvers in a day? Wow. (My best day was five.) >>

Hey Demo, those buttons are awesome! I remember you posting them before, but what's the story behind them again? Must be pretty scarce

LordM, I sure hope you don't look like your avatar! It's a coin with a fierce lion on it, haha.

Found the Continental button years ago in NJ. I like buttons, but something of that value wasn't for me. Sold it on ebay a year or so ago for a decent amount but certainly nowhere near Demo's buttons.
  • Options
    Eh, whoops, yeah. I'm wearing my ancient lion avatar at the moment. I meant my default avatar- the picture of me with my coin geek attire and top hat on.

• Options
    haha, just giving you a hard time!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some great finds LordM....Cheers, RickO