Home Precious Metals
Options

Value and how to sell mint sets advice

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Whats a realistic price base for these, that' I'll sell when silver goes up (mint prices in parens)? Likely "what I can get for them?"
When I offer them, I want them to move. Likely sell thought craigs, BST, or ebay as last option.

1, 2011 Silver complete mint set (mint price 67.95)
1, 2011 Silver ATB quarter set ($41.95)
3, 2009 Territorial Silver Quarter Proof set ($41.95??)
3, 2010 Blue ATB Siver Quarter set ($39.95)
3, 2010 Red ATB Silver Quarter set ($39.95)
COA

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe your "blue" ATB set is the clad proof set & not the silver one. At least that's the color for the regular annual proof set. Also, the 2011 "mint" set, based on your price, is a silver proof set.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can check grey sheet....or you can just look at ended listings on ebay. I do the 2nd more often then not. Many of the sets are bringing just over silver, some Ive actually go for less then melt, but thats rare. Do remember some sets have huge premiums.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well you can check grey sheet....or you can just look at ended listings on ebay. I do the 2nd more often then not. Many of the sets are bringing just over silver, some Ive actually go for less then melt, but thats rare. Do remember some sets have huge premiums. >>

eBay, with their huge audience, will give you the most realistic price of your items. Check the completed auctions of items that actually sold. BST: expect nothing but low ball offers for any readily available and common Mint items. What sort of protection to a seller does C.L. offer in case of fraud?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Doah, Yeah checked it. Thanks OPA. The 3 Blues sell for $14.95 on the mint site. All the rest of the boxes say silver. ..Good lesson.. for when I grab the next stack to check each box. I'll keep those. That chipped off $75 from total value, so about $300 list. I got all of it for $118, so I'm still tickled.

<< <i>I believe your "blue" ATB set is the clad proof set & not the silver one. At least that's the color for the regular annual proof set. Also, the 2011 "mint" set, based on your price, is a silver proof set. >>

COA
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, weren't a lot of the silver proof sets busted up last year? And the 2011 silver ones were overpriced from the get go, since they listed during that run up and were never adjusted down. I would expect no where near that list/mint price on any 2011 silver sets.