Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New picks today at Spot

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Albania set is something Ive seen only once or twice but broken apart as singles so Im quite happy with this set all with great deep proof stikes. The rest I picked out going through the bucket, its amazing what people throw away(melt) these days.

Dollar for size reference

Comments

• STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Altho I'm not especially interested in NCLT issues, that Albania set is quite a looker that I always found interesting. And your price was right! Congrats on a nice save.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking bunch of silver!
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres another set Id like to have that comes in this size and holder. Haiti set has a great Coat of Arms on the Rev with this same great deep cameo it really pops out.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where were the Albanian coins minted? Back when those were struck Albania was a holdout Stalinist state that had practically nothing to do with any other country save China.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess looking at the certificate is that they were made in France. At any rate they are nice coins, surely not minted in Tirana during that time.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice- seeing these begs the question about surviving population

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    very cool
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My guess looking at the certificate is that they were made in France. At any rate they are nice coins, surely not minted in Tirana during that time. >>

I learned a lot just from reading the few replies on this thread. Love these message boards. Thanks for posting everyone.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point a coin such as the one from Albania will be apreciated in Albania and the surviving population will likely be 1/3 of the mintage if that- This was a very nice one to pick up

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the mexico proof is a very low mintmintag 9006 or something like that, very easy to get coin but who knows how many there actually are
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice for spot silver! image

DCAM proofs, and one of them HUGE? Can't beat that. Cool design, too. image

I just got four colonial 8-reales pieces- one a Pillar Dollar- for what I believe to be significantly LESS than spot!

I think they're real, but all were polished. One heinously so. That one has chopmarks all over it, too. But for the money...

I haven't kept abreast of spot price for several months. I got these for 15 bux a pop. Spanish colonial 8-reales pieces melt for more than that, right? I couldn't turn 'em down. Particularly as the Pillar piece has surprisingly sharp detail. I'll try to image and post them later.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.