Home U.S. Coin Forum

Received someone else's coins today from S/B. Has this happened to you??

bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
No, it wasn't the 247k 94-s Morgan image but it was a 94-s Morgan and a couple of others. I have already contacted them. Share your similar stories. Mel

Comments

• ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I recieved some extra coins from the mint once.......I never returned them.image
    figglehorn
  • mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭
    While out to dinner last week, my brother ordered a well done steak and got it rare. The guy at the table across the aisle who ordered a rare one got his well done.
  • Heritage did that to me once but it was a cheap coin instead of why i bought. They didn't believe me untill i sent it back and proved them wrong

• << <i>While out to dinner last week, my brother ordered a well done steak and got it rare. The guy at the table across the aisle who ordered a rare one got his well done. >>

That belongs on the BST!image
  • bosco5041bosco5041 Posts: 1,303
    I did not get any coins but several years ago I got a "billing" for almost $11,000 for currency a person with the same name as me won in a auction. I do not even collect currency.One call and it was straightened out though.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once received someone's else NGC order. There were probably $2500 worth of coins there.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never gotten someone else's coins, but Heritage sent me a 20k+ invoice last year (in my name) for one of their art auctions. I was a bit shocked, but they must have believed me when I called them, because they are still sending me the coins I win in auction.image
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stack's did it to me one time. Stuff I got was more expensive than what I was supposed to get. Returned to them at the next show.
  • HotfootspinHotfootspin Posts: 430 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>While out to dinner last week, my brother ordered a well done steak and got it rare. The guy at the table across the aisle who ordered a rare one got his well done. >>

That belongs on the BST!image >>

It was UPS's fault! Was the USPS involved? The mint? The local B&M? Ebay? You can't trust those guys. It was probably
    a well-done steak doctored to look rare! Should have got one with a sticker, preferably platinum. Why do people keep
    ordering steak anyway if they're just going to complain?

;-)

Mark
    The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I once received a Nespreso order with a bunch of capsules that I didn't order. Called the customer service and they asked if I wanted to try them for free! I gladly accepted! image

Once instead, a check destinated to me got delivered to somebody else who was so nice to drop it in a new envelope, add a stanp and forward it to me with a message saying he wished the check would get to me. That was nice!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is MFH? His story is very good.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    I had a similar thing happen. I bid on a roll of bu 42-D Jeffersons (my bid was over $2k), but when it arrived it was a roll of 43-D's (worth about $200-) that were marked 42-D. Needless to say I was a little concerned that the auction house wouldn't beleive me and that I wouldn't be able to return it, but Stacks made the deal good by giving me a refund. I suspect someone switched the coins before I got them.
  • rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stack's used to send my auction wins bids before I paid for them. I once got a coin I did not bid on - a surprise in the mail one day . I don't know how -they just send it to me. It was a foreign coin that I did not bid on, did not pay for, and did not want. Of course, i sent it back. I don't know how this could have happened-maybe they thought that I would like it and pay for it.

Bob
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My very first submission to PCGS back in 2003ish when I was ust getting into coin collecting, PCGS mistakenly mailed me some other guys coins. I was really surprised when my widgets turned into 3 or 4 MS St Gaudens and 5 or 6 high grade morgan dollars. I called PCGS, they had just received word from the other guy about the same time, he had received my misc. proof set coins and assorted low grade suff... image

They put us in touch, gave us their fed ex mailing number and we both agreed to mail the coins across the country. They also gave us a few free submissions.
    I talked with the guy on the phone a couple times. He was pretty cool, complimented my choice in coins and told me about a few of his.
    All in all, I was pretty happy with the way it all went down.

• lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    had pennyannie before we knew eachother send me a 32-d quarter without graffiti when i bought one with graffiti...it was a boost in value...i smiled
    better boost was
    when he asked that i return it as it was a "sent wrong coin error"
    simply said...no problem accidents happen and returned it
    a friendship was birthed
    way kool when we discovered eachother here later
    worth way more then the value bump anyday
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    I once got someone else's graded coins back from one of the top two TPGs. It was a box of 15 or so gold coins. Really nice coins. My stuff was sent to the person whose coins I got, though it was not 15 gold coins. Thankfully, we were each honest people and the coins were returned to the rightful owners. I think I got like 4 or so freebies because of it.
  • pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is MFH? His story is very good.

My thoughts exactly ...

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where is MFH? His story is very good.

My thoughts exactly ... >>

I should just provide a link to my Thread.

Getting someone's $138,000 coin doesn't
    happen too often.

Here is the Link to my thread

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file