Home Metal Detecting

Some silver finds from May, June and July of this year.

Comments

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you found a Silver Mine. What a variety of coins and datesimage
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    wow! but you can't just throw in a pic containing 3 Massachusetts silvers and not offer some juicy details!

Thats awesome Tim!
    Been finding any pointed rocks?
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wow! but you can't just throw in a pic containing 3 Massachusetts silvers and not offer some juicy details! >>

NO KIDDING! imageimage
    I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't tell us that you found it in the reject tray at a Coinstarimage
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wow! but you can't just throw in a pic containing 3 Massachusetts silvers and not offer some juicy details! >>

no kidding. do tell
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Details.....Not much to tell.
    I got lucky on a hammered out site.
    The first was the small planchet Pine tree Noe 29 at 16 inches.
    Second, two days later, an Oak tree Noe1 at 12 inches.
    Third, next day, Oak Noe10 at 12 inches.
    All gave an iffy signal, like a 22 shell at half a foot.

Got a kick from the coinstar comment, PPC. LoL

Hey John, I try to get out pointy rock hunting at every turning. Get mostly flakes but I got another trade bead and a few complete artifacts.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez, Tim, you're KILLIN' me with that Pine Tree silver! (Edit- oh, and Oak Tree, too! YOU SUCK!!!)

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Had I not personally seen you in action once, I might not have believed those.

Incredible. Bravo, I say.

I'd like to turn the tables and visit YOU on one of your sites one fine day.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Holy Mackerel! 3 Mass. Shillings? They are not what I would call a small coin, but 16 inches is impressive!

What machine are you using? My Minelab Explorer MIGHT be able to do it in just the right conditions and IF I'm paying close enough attention.

Nice collection!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice pick ups then. wtg
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That is very cool.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
    Oh, BTW, what's the holey? A Walker that somebody started to shape into a ring?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing finds -- well done!
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

That is just sick in the nicest way I know how to say it!

Awesome finds.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're getting me interested in digging

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    Don't be fooled by people like this who make it look easy. image

I'll bet he dug a five-gallon bucket full of trash in between all those goodies. But that's one thing that makes a successful detectorist successful- he's patient and persistent and is willing to dig a whole boatload of crap before he finds a single goodie. Tim here is one of those hardworking people. I wish I were as diligent. I'm not, and my finds are therefore less spectacular.

Which is not to say it isn't a terrific hobby and a lot of fun, for those who are willing to put in the hours of practice. And when one makes an interesting find, never mind something as AWESOME as what Tim has just showed us, it makes the sore knees and back from all that trash digging feel a LOT better.

• ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to take a Bermuda vacation and try and find some Hogge money
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is awesome!!!image
    Becky
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, BTW, what's the holey? A Walker that somebody started to shape into a ring? >>

Looks like a bullet hole.
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely amazing.

Congrats.
    Frank

BHNC #203

TTT, in memory of Tim Buck, aka "phut", who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on August 31st, 2012.

As you can see from his post here, Tim enjoyed a spectacular success in his final season as a treasure hunter.

He will be missed.

Edited to add: he last visited here on July 25th, so it would appear that his final post to this thread was his final post to these forums. He apparently didn't get to see all of the bragging I did on his behalf.

Well, if you can see it now, Tim, we salute you.

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a loss..Very sad....Thanks LM.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had not seen this thread (working again for a short while)..thanks for bringing it back LordM. Tim was a great guy and a super MD'r....Cheers, RickO
    Bump for the Mighty Phut.

We miss ya, Tim, and were just talking about you over on my 15th anniversary thread.

It's too bad you left us, but as metal detecting exits go, this one is EPIC!

You might be gone, but you certainly aren't forgotten.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread and a really great guy.... had some super finds... Cheers, RickO