Home Metal Detecting
Options

July 3, 2012: 1888 Canada Silver Quarter and Sterling ring!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Got back out to the 55 wheat cent place today. There are a lot of deep crusty zincolns at this place... ugh. BUT, managed to add to my junk jewelry collection.

Got a gold plated (at least it was at one time) initial ring
bubble gum ring
some weird clover-gold-plated like thing
odd silver tone piece?
Sterling band ring - odd that it's adjustable - and sounded just like a zincoln. quite a surprise to come out. Dig those zincoln signals people!
another 1800s button. Man, there has to be mid-1800s coins at this place.

And, the surprise of the day...got a deeper quarter signal. With all of the deep clad, I had no doubt it was a clad washington. It wasn't in the first plug, and about 7 or so inches down, out came a grey disc - like silver coins out when it's been in the water a long time. Couldn't identify then and there so based on the ol' mantra... assumed she was Canadian. Got 'er home, rinsed the stuck on dirt and found it's an 1888 Canada quarter! My first 1800s Canadian silver. It's a bit scarcer - 400,000 minted. Unfortunately, when I rinsed the dirt off, it left some hairlines, but I'll still take it.

Not a bad way to start July's hunting! HH all and stick with it... good stuff is still out there.

Comments

• Options
    hyf88hyf88 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    Great finds, especially all of the rings! You should head back today and in honor of the country's birthday find yourself a few nice, early 1800s silver coins. HH!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are having a heck of a month.... super finds... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice haul, shame about the quarter getting hairlines though.