Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

teddy's 1909-s ihc story

so back in 82' fresh out the navy
i bought an 1909-s ms65rd ihc
back in 1982 interest in them seemed rather low or it could of just been me...who knows
so i bought mine for $350...flawless bright red in some tpg
after 30 years i forget what tpg it was in but it was a top tpg...in 82' tpg's were new fangled type of things anyways
so i found my 1st girlfriends mom...man...this was my bestest of bestest girlfriends too...shame ex applies
so i gave that 09-s to her mom...told her not to give it to her for at least 5 years...told her too...this was an expensive and noteworthy coin..protect it

fast forward
ran across my ol hottie on face book
her mom passed and never gave it to her

the ending
with any luck at all it get's found in a nook or cranny of a box

i'll update if she finds it
thought you all might have liked a nice lil coin story today...it was the only 1909-s ihc i ever acquired...for a 20 year old teddy i was proud

personal problems with girls who can bat there eyes just right...yeah...with me...they always end up with the best coins

coin below is borrowed for beauty of display but is a ms65rd too
everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    btw
    i'm surely not alone in girl weakness...image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    Women causing us to do stupidness since Eve
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The TPG must have been the old ANACS (?).

Nice story. Hope she finds it and returns it to you.
  • Options

<< <i>The TPG must have been the old ANACS (?).

Nice story. Hope she finds it and returns it to you. >>

i could never take that back...but depending on other ways of thank you...i might accept as a single sport again...and get in more trouble
    it's amazing though one coin i knew in the past would grow in value

• Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    Well I hope she finds it, one and probably only thing my GF knows I'm taking if we ever part ways is my coins. Its only one of my hobbies but I spend the most time on this one. I would sell the collection though to ride out tough times with her if they ever came up.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool story, thanks for sharing image

<< <i>
    coin below is borrowed for beauty of display but is a ms65rd too
    image >>

that one's mine actually image got it from Rick Snow a few years back and it was in an old green holder w/ the Eagle Eye Photo Seal... but I ruined that and got it reholdered in SecurePlus when I got my set 100% complete... probably should have just kept the old holder, oh well!!!
  • Options
    i'll remove it if you like
    i just needed an image to add flavor to this post...i really liked this off of google search too...congrats in ownership
    they're too expensive now...oh well
    1909-s ihc's always held a soft spot to me
    sorry illini420
    sincerely

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i'll remove it if you like
    i just needed an image to add flavor to this post...i really liked this off of google search too...congrats in ownership
    they're too expensive now...oh well
    1909-s ihc's always held a soft spot to me
    sorry illini420
    sincerely >>

Definitely not a problem and no need to be sorry... I actually think you picked a really nice example to use for your post image

Too bad you don't remember the grading company or even have a record of the cert number of that 1909-S IHC, with that information we might be able to track it down as the mom could have sold it before passing, who knows!! But even then, the next owner probably would have crossed it to another grading company or even cracked it out. In any event, I bet the ex-girlfriend is going to be spending some time looking through everything for it image
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a coin that you used to know.

peacockcoins

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice story Teddy!

So if I bat my eyes at you just right, and add a little smile, can I get one of those lil ol 1909-S Indian cents too? imageimageimage
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>this was my bestest of bestest girlfriends too...shame ex applies >>

So... is she available?? If she was as great as you say, you might think about...

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My uncle and my grandmother were early inspirers of my coin collecting back around 1970 or so.
    My uncle had gotten nearly all of my grandmother's coins, and added to it extensively during the late '50s and
    throughout the 60's. I recall a high grade set of buff nickels and other popular series, jars of silver dollars, old currency, a few gold pieces, etc.

A few years later, during a painful divorce, his then wife in a fit loaded it all up and drove it down to local dealer and said give her whatever he thought was fair.....so at least one person was happy that day image
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Women causing us to do stupidness since Eve >>

More like men causing themselves to do stupidness.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    teddy does facebook? imageimageimageimage

Go back to her Teddy !
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file