Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So what did you win from the Stacks Bowers auction

this is all i won a cool little piece of shipwreck treasure at a cheap price
POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no bids = no wins.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Coins and a can of Coca-Cola.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won this Washington Success Medal, lot 1202:
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I bid on several pretty coins, others must have thought they were just as pretty as I did and bid moon money, so I won nada, nil, NOTHING! image
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ended up with one lot... a pair of rattlers, one with a buffalo nickel and one with a 1909 VDB... I missed out on a few other lots because I just didn't step up as much as I probably should have, definitely let a few people get some steals I think image

• Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no bids = no money spent = no losses

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zilch. I'my with PennyLady.
    Lance.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>no bids = no wins. >>

+1 ....no losses either!

Last I checked, their selection of Mercury Dimes was the smallest I have ever seen at a major auction...might have been 6 problem free coins maybe?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Bid on one quarter did not win.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One bid, one win.
  • Options
    anyone else win anything
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Options
    I won a couple of commemoratives in the Internet portion of the auction that ended today at 3pm PDT... all lots were supposed to end at 3pm which made it really hard to bid not knowing which ones might get sniped at the end.

Anyways, I was winning another lot I really wanted as their timer counted down to zero on the website. I kept refreshing as it counted down to zero and I was still the winner... sweet!!!! Or so I thought!!!!! The counter then started counting negative time... so it would say -11 seconds remaning to bid... then I'd refresh and it would say -18 seconds to be and so on... weird. Then of course someone outbid me a little over a minute after the auction appeared to have ended!!!! Bidding was still possible until about 3 minutes after bidding ended!!!! Not cool!!! I made a call about the issue and was told the winning bidder happened to place their bid at exactly 3:00:00 pm... well that wasn't what I witnessed and even though I could have outbid them afterwards, I wasn't about to run up the price further when I'm convinced I already won it! I was told they'd look into it further so we'll see... anyone else watching as the auction ended today see what happened???
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I won a couple of commemoratives in the Internet portion of the auction that ended today at 3pm PDT... all lots were supposed to end at 3pm which made it really hard to bid not knowing which ones might get sniped at the end.

Anyways, I was winning another lot I really wanted as their timer counted down to zero on the website. I kept refreshing as it counted down to zero and I was still the winner... sweet!!!! Or so I thought!!!!! The counter then started counting negative time... so it would say -11 seconds remaning to bid... then I'd refresh and it would say -18 seconds to be and so on... weird. Then of course someone outbid me a little over a minute after the auction appeared to have ended!!!! Bidding was still possible until about 3 minutes after bidding ended!!!! Not cool!!! I made a call about the issue and was told the winning bidder happened to place their bid at exactly 3:00:00 pm... well that wasn't what I witnessed and even though I could have outbid them afterwards, I wasn't about to run up the price further when I'm convinced I already won it! I was told they'd look into it further so we'll see... anyone else watching as the auction ended today see what happened??? >>

Negative seconds counting down....that is weird.....image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

<< <i>Negative seconds counting down....that is weird.....image >>

Yep, very weird and didn't give me a good feeling about the auctions knowing the system was allowing people to bid after the advertised ending. I was only watching this one that was bid out from under me after time was in the negative... I have no idea if other lots I won were also bid on and run up closer to my max bid after time expired...

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I won a box of NGC black slabs......guess you guys weren't paying attention! SUCKAHS!!! JK imageimage HAHAHHA
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A pine tree sixpence to fill my leather pouch!

image >>

Since artificial wear has not yet been classified as a form of altered surfaces, the idea of putting coins, especially non-federal issues, in leather pouches, is grand-fathered in as "market-acceptable".

However, though accepted in our insular community without discrimination, there is a chance pouches made of Cuban leather after relations were broken off may be, as disease-bearing monkeys and uncured animal skins from which drums are made (3 yr quarantine), too volatile, scientifically or even just politically, to pass our borders without legal governmental oversight. It is not clear what portions of direct costs and other payments can be attributed as fees, penalties or taxes.

Same as guns after Jan 1, 1900 (do I remember this right from Pawn Stars?), but it's easier to get around. The powers that be may adapt sniffer sceening for this kind of effort to subvert such heinous disregard for.....

Works good on Territorials too. image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    No money = no bids :-(
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file