Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone capturing the Cost and Current Value of their PSA Registry Inventory?

I have noticed an error when capturing the current value of a PSA graded card as I was moving cards from Active status to Sold status. As I am selling cards, I am capturing the cost associated with the card in the "My Cost" field, and the price that it was sold in the "Current Value" field. Unfortunately PSA IT has most likely coded the "Current Value" field incorrectly as a positive whole integer instead of as a price field. See detail below:

The below screen is the “My Inventory” form, which I use to enter “My Cost”, which was $5, and “Current Value” (sales price of the card), which was $4.99. I enter
all of the relevant data that I track, and select “Save”.

After saving the information, the “My Inventory” form shows the following:

I notice that the “Current Value” only shows $4, and when I go back into the edit mode, it shows the following:

The additional value of $0.99 can have huge consequences if the information is to ever be used for any sales tracking database, and is not worth entering until corrected.

Anyone else using this information, or anyone noticed this anomaly?
Michael Gaytan (MrG)
TGF Collection
TGF Sports

Comments

• Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I do track this in my registry and have put up with this for quite a while. It used to bug me...but now I just round down the dollar to give myself a conservative view of what my collection is worth.

Justin
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Hi Justin,

I followed up with the PSA Registry team, and pushed them to work with IT to get this corrected. Turns out there are a number of other fields that can be used to track the information of a card that I was not aware existed. The "Current Value" field either relates to something other than the current price of a card. (Possibly the registry weighting.) Or it has been coded incorrectly in the database. It is definitely ROUNDING DOWN any value inserted in the field.

To view the other optional fields click on "Select Columns" in the top right corner:

A list of available fields will pop-up and you can add or remove various fields to your "My Inventory" window: (See below)

So your "My Inventory" screen can look like below:

Now I can track my sales data and buyer information when I move the card to my sold inventory.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    More than likely they coded it incorrectly. Though the current value field doesn't display properly, it is counted correctly (and capturing not only whole dollar but also cents) in the formula which totals "the total price of" number, so I'm fine with the current setup. I just know that it doesn't display correctly in the columns.

As far as the "Select Columns" option, in all my years dealing with the registry I never even noticed that. I added some of the available fields that are not currently on the default list. Those will help with tracking sales and not just my current collection value.

Thanks, very informative!

Justin