Home Metal Detecting
Options

A detectorist with poor detecting manners

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
I went to the grandsons ballgame last night. As we were walking across the outfield to the stands I could see all of these brown spots. They were everywhere. I told my son-in-law that someone had been detecting here since last week. We're talking plugs anywere from 5 inchs to over 12 inches. These are the type of idiots that give the rest of us a bad name. I had thought about detecting here but would never dig in an athletic field. I use a screwdriver anyway. When the game was over and most of the people left I got my detector out and went over a few plugs just to see if he left anything. He did miss a few zinclons. He may be a newbie but he still needs some manners.image

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Did the previous detectorists at least put the plugs back reasonably well? Hopefully he at leas did one thing right.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfortanatly, thats what can wreck it for the rest of us. im not perfect either but at least leave it better then the way you found it
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detecting slobs give our hobby a bad name. Even new people should understand the basic behavior and conduct required of the hobby. Cheers, RickO