Home Precious Metals
Options

PAMP bars

ProvidentMetals just added a nice selection of Pamp silver bars.
We discussed about the availability of the odd sizes a while back when they came out on eBay from a German seller.
Though, I wasn't aware of the 5 oz bar.

Prices are pretty high, I would be curious to see the packaging before buying any.

edited to add the LINK
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good price...lowest I've seen anywhere. However, PAMP is pounding them out by the thousands and that includes the odd size bars. Glad I sold mine last year and the year before when PAMP prices were much stronger.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of PAMP bars, does anyone know or can confirm that these Italian Cities bars are the first collection produced by PAMP when they started back in 1977? I have had a remarkably difficult time finding info on these bars.

Ajaan selling these

Full disclosure: these are my bars on consignment with Ajaan.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a few pamp gold bars at a place in Buckhead I hit up today. Premiums were higher than expected by a tad. The local/generics were cheaper but only on ozer bars.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>Speaking of PAMP bars, does anyone know or can confirm that these Italian Cities bars are the first collection produced by PAMP when they started back in 1977? I have had a remarkably difficult time finding info on these bars.

Ajaan selling these

Full disclosure: these are my bars on consignment with Ajaan.

imageimageimage >>

I have inquired a while back in an italian forum but silver art bars are not so popular there and couldn't get much info.

Speaking of italian bars, cool bars you have with ajaan! Were the Uno-A-Erre yours as well? Love them! (and they sold very well)

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I have been following those auctions as well and the prices have been fairly strong considering how badly silver is doing lately.

The prices at provident are actually the best i have seen online.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    True, silver has been beaten down badly in the paper markets, but these bars are all very rare, so the spot price actually has nothing to do with their success. The Uno-a-Erre bars did OK (there are more to come), not as good relatively as some of the fractional German bars. The PAMP bars are exceedingly rare, particularly the Italian Cities series. For PAMP collectors they should represent the holy grail. Too bad there's no information about them available but I believe the Italian Cities collection was PAMP's first series 35 years ago, and they are very beautiful.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    But I thought rawteam1 and his cronies determined that Silver is just Silver and there should be absolutely no premium for any kind of Silver whatsoever...eventhough he had a thread at the time selling some for Spot + $5? image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    What about the Johnson Matthey 1oz bars for $1.49 over at Apmex (on sale now while they last). Is it worth it?
    (free shipping on 3,000 but I won't be ordering that much)
    COA
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>What about the Johnson Matthey 1oz bars for $1.49 over at Apmex (on sale now while they last). Is it worth it?
    (free shipping on 3,000 but I won't be ordering that much) >>

I bought few a couple of weeks ago but I did it with ProvidentMetals.
    JM always demand a premium even though, with the new production, I think this going to slightly change.