Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This ever happen to you.....

erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have no money to spend, but seeing lots of good coins you would love to own. Finally get to the point you save some money and then no coins to be found.

Comments

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    I can totally relate, but what can you do?
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have no money to spend, but seeing lots of good coins you would love to own. Finally get to the point you save some money and then no coins to be found. >>

Yup. Put the money away and keep looking. Eventually something nice will come along.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no as I can always find coins
    given the money
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ... I call it ... Tuesday.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently over 55,000 PCGS graded coins on ebay. Keep looking.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am lucky enough to not be in the quality level of collecting that given funds I could not find
    a coin to spend them on. I am constantly short of funds, but never of quality coins to purchase
    especially in the less than $100 market. I could never afford a $10k coin regardless of the number
    available. I think their are many more low value but quality coins available now than since I can
    remember. I guess it has something to do with the times and low quality coins now going for melt,
    even uncirculated silver coins. My local dealer claims to have turned in several rolls of BU dimes(including
    one mercury dime roll--GOD FORBID!!) for melt. I told him Call Me first from now on. Hopefully he will if he
    wasn't just BSing, which he not usually a BSer.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    Usually for me its right after I make a big purchase I see something even nicer.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes here too.

However, usually when this occurs, I look for a different kind of coin and then wonder WTH I was thinking!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Usually for me its right after I make a big purchase I see something even nicer. >>

That's why after I buy something I try to stop looking for a while!
  • Options

<< <i>Have no money to spend, but seeing lots of good coins you would love to own. Finally get to the point you save some money and then no coins to be found. >>

Yes.
  • Options

<< <i>currently over 55,000 PCGS graded coins on ebay. Keep looking. >>

You are sooo right! Picked up an 1881S Morgan PCGS MS67 and a PCGS PR70 1995W $5 gold Torch Runner in the past week dirt cheap.
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    My biggest problem has always been finding material that meets my personal standards/taste. Another would be I'd find the material that fits my standards/taste and they just want WAY to much as far as a premium. Can you believe I recently found a real sweet 58 D Franklin in an NGC 66*FBL at a local dealer and he wanted $2200 for it lol. I thought his asking price was just ridiculous. I would of paid $700 and IMO that is stupid money for a 66fbl 58 D as those come super nice.
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have walked into shows on a number of occasions with the funds available to write a check for nice AU Bust Dollar or no problem MS 65 PC Capped Bust Half, only to walk the floor of the show and buy nothing. To me buying a coin is a lot like buying a suit. The price and continuum of the coin in the grade I seek must fit, or I don't buy it.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

All the time.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    JustlookingJustlooking Posts: 2,895
    A nicer one will always come along. image
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The situation that you speak of seems to happen to me on a frequent basis.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file