Home Metal Detecting
Options

5-23 was a good day

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
I detected for 4 hrs yesterday a baseball complex that has a hillside. The ground is getting hard and the screwdriver won't go too deep. I ended up with $12.66 and a baseball. It's been awhile since I've detected for that long. Today my hamstrings and thighs are paying the price. Part of the area was in a gravel parking lot and since in was under some shade trees that made it a lot nicer. There were some coins that I just couldn't get down too so I'll go over it after we get some rain.

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $12 and some change. thats a good day image i hear ya on the rain, im waiting on that myself here
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭
    wow, how do you manage so much change?? Congrats on your totals, and hopefully you get some rain soon so you can finish up.
  • Options
    Awesome PPC!
    That's a lot of dang diggin, and in the dry conditions to boot!

I went to a spot two days ago and couldn't get my Hori-hori knife a half inch into the ground.
    The earth is cracked everywhere it's so dry. Ended up at a couple of school tot lots and dug $4.37 and three pieces
    of a barrel charm bracelet in about 2 hrs. The wood chips are nice and moist for digging!
    Wound rather have been hunting relics, but enjoyed myself! image

Praying for a nice, long, slow rain....
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great load of change... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    i use a claw digger that can be purchased at lowes or homedepot. like the one pictured with my sword. it gets through most anything. could be used to pound the driver down.
    boy do i know of body pains. gonna dig day 3 today and expect to be sore, but its worth it