Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Who is going to the National in Baltimore 8/1-8/5?

I would like to meet up with some board members during the National. I will be arriving on Wednesday and leaving on Friday. Maybe we can have a group rip at BBCE table.

Comments

• I'm seriously considering going as the future nationals get further away from FL. Probably arrive Thursday and leave Saturday PM. I'll decide this week.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    Anyone driving up from Charlotte? Carpool?
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I don't collect vintage so I don't see what interest the National would have for me. Not saying there wont be modern cards there, I am sure most of it will be. Only that you figure plane tickets, hotel, food, et al, I am looking at around a grand. Hard to imagine it being even close to an equal transaction in cards I would likely buy.

If cards were 20% cheaper then eBay and the rest of the net (which is highly unlikely), I would have to spend $5000 to break even. Of course having a few beers with list members is worth something, however, I don't like you guys enough to spend a grand to drink with you. No offense directed.

Good luck to those buying their tickets. Please take a photos and share.

If anyone would be willing to look for low number Tony Gonzalez cards, /10 below, and collect some dealer cards for me with those that have something, I would be willing to send them $10-20 for effort. (I know....wouldn't be worth my time either...but figured it didn't hurt saying.)

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Well worth the trip.. This will be my fourth in a row...and you get to meet Neil and Raven.
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be heading down one of the days. Not sure which one yet but i only live 40 minutes from Baltimore so im sure ill go just to check it out.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to running into many here that I've already met and perhaps even another couple that I haven't...
  • WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I plan on hitting it Wed maybe Thursday. image

Drop me a note and I'll buy the first beer. image
    Wondo

• Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    I'll probally drive down Saturday morning, about 2 hour drive and this will be my first National...
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    A friend and I will be there Saturday and Sunday, and maybe Friday, depending on the flight.

As it stands now we fly from Maine to Philly, to NY, back to Philly then to Baltimore.

I'm hoping we can skip the Philly to NY to Philly and just go straight to Baltimore.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.

• << <i>A friend and I will be there Saturday and Sunday, and maybe Friday, depending on the flight.

As it stands now we fly from Maine to Philly, to NY, back to Philly then to Baltimore.

I'm hoping we can skip the Philly to NY to Philly and just go straight to Baltimore. >>

Now that's what I call dedication.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as of now I plan on going
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>as of now I plan on going >>

Can you and Matt swing by Georgia and pick me up?
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I plan on going depending on how my wifes Cancer treatments go.I am booked at the Baltimore Hilton Wed through Friday and leaving Saturday Morning.I would be very glad to meet some of you folks.I will have a fiveniner ID on or a blue Detroit Tiger Jersey on.I will be coming from Michigan Macomb county.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I plan on going depending on how my wifes Cancer treatments go.I am booked at the Baltimore Hilton Wed through Friday and leaving Saturday Morning.I would be very glad to meet some of you folks.I will have a fiveniner ID on or a blue Detroit Tiger Jersey on.I will be coming from Michigan Macomb county. >>

I grew up in Warren, St. Clair Shores, Fraser and Clinton Township in the 60s. Got to Game #3 of the series only to see McCarver and Shannon hammer Wilson. Hope to see you in Baltimore!

Wondo

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    My wife and I will be heading down on Wednesday night and be there on Thursday through Sunday morning. Staying at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel. Looking forward to meeting up with as many of you as I can.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    im thinking about going.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

<< <i>im thinking about going. >>

image I know Doug is looking to go too.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

<< <i>Can you and Matt swing by Georgia and pick me up? >>

Tommy if we drive you're more than welcome to ride with us, but we might fly.
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>im thinking about going. >>

image I know Doug is looking to go too. >>

oh?

the only thing that's holding me back is renting the damn room! lol
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I plan on going for a few days and need to start looking at flights.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Can you and Matt swing by Georgia and pick me up? >>

Tommy if we drive you're more than welcome to ride with us, but we might fly. >>

I'm cool with flying as well, but I was asking if you guys could come to Georgia and pick me up! image

<< <i> I'm cool with flying as well, but I was asking if you guys could come to Georgia and pick me up! >>

We'll drive in reverse to pick you up. image
  • dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe we can have a group rip at BBCE table. >>

Might be a good idea...we're working on several promotions! A group rip on a few TBD products, a contest where we give away something really cool, a few opportunities to be in videos on Beckett.com, etc. We'll announce them all in early July.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

<< <i>

Might be a good idea...we're working on several promotions! A group rip on a few TBD products, a contest where we give away something really cool, a few opportunities to be in videos on Beckett.com, etc. We'll announce them all in early July. >>

Would be great to have a promotion for the CU board members. image

Collecting:
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I'm planning to be there. Looking forward to catching up with the gang and spending too much time and not enough $$ at the BBCE booth!

------
    stupid print dots

<< <i>

<< <i>I plan on going depending on how my wifes Cancer treatments go.I am booked at the Baltimore Hilton Wed through Friday and leaving Saturday Morning.I would be very glad to meet some of you folks.I will have a fiveniner ID on or a blue Detroit Tiger Jersey on.I will be coming from Michigan Macomb county. >>

I grew up in Warren, St. Clair Shores, Fraser and Clinton Township in the 60s. Got to Game #3 of the series only to see McCarver and Shannon hammer Wilson. Hope to see you in Baltimore! >>

Born in Detroit have lived in Sterling Hts since 1976 when it was still farm country.Hope to see you!!
  • I've committed to go Thursday PM through Sat. I booked a room at the Sheraton Inner Harbor ($5 per day parking enticed me) and purchased my admission tickets online. Look forward to seeing you all there. Doug

• info / linkee please.
  • DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Might be a good idea...we're working on several promotions! A group rip on a few TBD products, a contest where we give away something really cool, a few opportunities to be in videos on Beckett.com, etc. We'll announce them all in early July. >>

Any grading deals like last year?

• << <i>I've committed to go Thursday PM through Sat. I booked a room at the Sheraton Inner Harbor ($5 per day parking enticed me) and purchased my admission tickets online. Look forward to seeing you all there. Doug >>

Link
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on attending one of the days. I'm about a half hour, 40 minutes from the convention center.

Will have my eyes open for reasonably priced 1971 Topps Greatest Moments and psa graded packs. I also look forward to meeting the BBCE folks.
    Daniel
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I'd love to go one year. It'd be fun to meet some of you goons in person.
  • I will be down on Friday, about an hour drive to the Metro and take the metro in to the center (Free parking this way!)
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to my first Nationals,wife has family within 20 miles so I get free reiogn from thurs-sun.
    I cant wait already!
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
    i am not a real pak guy however I would like to join in a Rip depending on what it is.BBCE has many other things that caught my interst last year and spent more there without buying any paks.
  • kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    I will be meeting Nascar360 there and I will have my Richard Petty shoes on.
    Logan

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious Logan what does a pair of shoes like that cost? I could not pull those off but those are awesome!!

• pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to go this year....but I did not save up enough money to make it worth my while. I would go and not have any money to spend. Instead, the Los Angeles County Office of Education is paying for a group of teachers (me included) to fly to Williamsburg (through Richmond or Newport News) for a week long history workshop starting on August 6th. I was going to try to fly out a day or two early, but that didn't work out, plus I would be away from my family for that much longer.

I look forward to seeing all of your pick ups and I hope to meet you all there at a future show.

BRING THE NATIONAL TO CALIFORNIA.....or Vegas.....
  • dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

BRING THE NATIONAL TO CALIFORNIA.....or Vegas.....

I might have said it here before, but with the majority of dealers and collectors living East of the Mississippi, it's unlikely to happen. California residents even have an ace in the hole - one of the promoters, Mike Berkus, lives in SoCal! If we ever decide to try California again, pdub1819, you better get everyone you know to show up and support the show! The Anaheim shows in 2000 and 2006 were not very impressive.

As for Vegas, the only type of convention that really works there are the kind where there is little buying and selling of merchandise, like the Consumer Electronics Show. A National there would be a disaster; dealers would show up late every day having been at the tables all night, and people would be spending their budget gambling rather than on cards, with the rare exception of someone winning big then spending it in the room. The show would be a bloodbath, reminiscent of the 2003 Atlantic City National.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just curious Logan what does a pair of shoes like that cost? I could not pull those off but those are awesome!! >>

Dpeck,

I have worn these shoes at the last 7 Nationals. I bought them off of ebay for about $80 back then. Turns out that they were only sold in Europe. Weird!

Thanks,
    Logan

<< <i>I wanted to go this year....but I did not save up enough money to make it worth my while. I would go and not have any money to spend. Instead, the Los Angeles County Office of Education is paying for a group of teachers (me included) to fly to Williamsburg (through Richmond or Newport News) for a week long history workshop starting on August 6th. I was going to try to fly out a day or two early, but that didn't work out, plus I would be away from my family for that much longer.

I look forward to seeing all of your pick ups and I hope to meet you all there at a future show.

BRING THE NATIONAL TO CALIFORNIA.....or Vegas..... >>

You'll have a great time in Williamsburg. Definitely the place to go if history is your cup of tea. My kids throughly enjoyed going last year.

Collecting:
  • I'll be there as usual.
  • sure
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>sure >>

Set up or shopping? Wouldnt fl. be a nice place one year?Has it ever been here before?
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

• << <i>

<< <i>sure >>

Set up or shopping? Wouldnt fl. be a nice place one year?Has it ever been here before? >>

As much as I'd be thrilled to see 1 in FL (I'm thinking Orlando with the flights in and the attractions to occupy the family) I just don't know if we have enough of a collector base to attract the big show. I wonder if Mike ever looked into it.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Set up or shopping? Wouldn't fl. be a nice place one year?Has it ever been here before? >>

Previous Sites of the National

2011 Chicago

2010 Baltimore

2009 Cleveland

2008 Chicago

2007 Cleveland

2006 Anahiem

2005 Chicago

2004 Cleveland

2003 Atlantic City

2002 Chicago

2001 Cleveland

2000 Anaheim

1999 Atlanta

1998 Chicago

1997 Cleveland

1996 Anaheim

1995 St. Louis

1994 Houston

1993 Chicago

1992 Atlanta

1991 Anaheim

1990 Arlington, TX

1989 Chicago

1988 Atlantic City - The only one I have been to.

1987 San Francisco

1986 Arlington, TX

1985 Ahaheim

1984 Parsippany, NJ

1983 Chicago

1982 St. Louis

1981 Detroit

1980 Los Angeles
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Upcoming and Previous Sites of the National

2012 Baltimore - The next one I'll be at

2011 Chicago

2010 Baltimore

2009 Cleveland

2008 Chicago

2007 Cleveland

2006 Anahiem

2005 Chicago

2004 Cleveland

2003 Atlantic City

2002 Chicago

2001 Cleveland

2000 Anaheim

1999 Atlanta

1998 Chicago

1997 Cleveland

1996 Anaheim

1995 St. Louis

1994 Houston

1993 Chicago

1992 Atlanta

1991 Anaheim

1990 Arlington, TX

1989 Chicago

1988 Atlantic City - The only one I have been to.

1987 San Francisco

1986 Arlington, TX

1985 Ahaheim

1984 Parsippany, NJ

1983 Chicago

1982 St. Louis

1981 Detroit

1980 Los Angeles >>

I fixed it for you. image

Collecting:
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    You KNOW I'd love to go!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.