Home Precious Metals
Options

(Poll) - The G8 Summit Is ....

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
???
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    an effort to increase money printing quotas

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    an effort to increase money printing quotas

Until this comment, I've never in my life wondered what they do at those summits. Now I do.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Merkel said growth and deficit-cutting reinforced each other and that everyone around the table agreed. "That is great progress," she said.

As for promoting growth, she said investments under consideration include research and development, Internet networks and infrastructure. But she said "this doesn't mean stimulus in the usual sense."

great progress?

I've got a great austerity program for them that will save millions worldwide. Cancel the G8 because this crap can be done over the existing internet in just a few minutes.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    They pretend to discuss important economic items there, but the real reason for holding the meetings is to establish personal relationships; thus I voted "helpful."
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These supposed 'leaders' do absolutely nothing worthwhile. It is their minions that actually work and they merely rubberstamp the politically advantageous solution selected. The 'summits' do, however, give the appearance that they are doing something.... which is what bureaucrats thrive on... 'appearances' are not tangible, therefore they can get media attention without doing something that could engender blame. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the "Rearrange the chairs on the deck of the Titanic" option?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image That would actually take work... and bureaucrats NEVER work..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TheBigBTheBigB Posts: 942
    An opportunity for more free food and booze.
  • Options
    The G8 - G20 is a JOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>an effort to increase money printing quotas >>

it makes me wonder if they got a good deal on more paper to print it on? j/k of course image
  • Options
    Hey!!!!

The Europeans have it worked out! an actual Teleconference!

Three officials told Reuters the instruction to have plans in place for a Greek exit was agreed on Monday during a teleconference of the Eurogroup Working Group (EWG) - experts who work for euro zone finance ministers.