Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A #2 Hulk Hogan...Guess The Grade...

I just got this Hulk Hogan today. Let me know what you think. This will be sent in soon with my 15 card Collectors Club renewal certificate.

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    PSA 4

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Very sharp card! I am going to guess an 8.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    It may be the scan, but it looks like the top left corner is touched and the bottom left corner has some type of mark? Possible that the card was kept in one of the old plastic holders that was not recessed?

If the corners are like they show in the pic, I say 7.

HOWEVER, I KNOW you would not be sending in a card if that was what the card was really like ... so I'll go with the 'ole "9".

GOOD LUCK!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Side to side centering looks good, top to bottom centering is about 60/40, left side corners look slightly touched.

I give it an 8.

Good Luck Dpeck

Logan
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are a few more scans.

• Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    8 and I want it! I have one at PSA now but not as nice
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    5% PSA 10
    85% PSA 9
    10% PSA 8/8.5

Fantastic eye appeal on this one, dpeck. I really hope you get a favorable grader.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is the yellow fading on the bottom portion of the right border?
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    It's very nice. For some reason the upper-left corner concerns me.
  • Options
    If you ever post a King Kong Bundy guess the grade thread, I'm going with 5 no matter what it looks like.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 9-10 but dont ask this guy...
    Dont ask this guy what the hulk is!
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the opinions.

This is a great looking Hogan. It is very difficult to find the yellow cards from either the 82A or 82B with good lower centering. There are a number of great looking Hogan's that have almost no lower border. I really liked this one because of the centering and overall eye appeal.

The lower left corner is the issue. It has a slight touch. The top corner just has an issue with the printing and does not have any corner damage. On the right border the printing is a little blotchy but this won't hold it back from a mint grade.

I think this card is a lock for an 8 or higher. In the PSA grading standards a grader can give a higher grade for eye appeal and this is an example where I think that could come into play.

If it does indeed get a PSA 8 grade I think this is one of those cases where it would sell at a premium. I could also see this card getting a PSA 9. If there was no issue with the lower left corner this would have been a candidate for a PSA 10 and there are none at this point.

It is so hard to have all of the issues with some of these cards go your way all at the same time.

I plan to send this in with my voucher like I said so I will know how it fares shortly.

In the past year I sold one of my Hogan's to a board member so I needed to add another one to my collection so I could have 15 complete 1982 A sets again.
  • Options
    Handyman that was absolutely hilarious!!!

The Warrior was definitely in character! LOL image

That dude was a beast at the time!

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    WalterSobchak, your King Kong Bundy comment made my day just a little bit better than it was before I read it.

Hilarious.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>
    In the past year I sold one of my Hogan's to a board member so I needed to add another one to my collection so I could have 15 complete 1982 A sets again. >>

First, thx for selling me a Hogan. It is proudly displayed in my game room :-)

I thought it was a 7.5 due to the top left corner. It looked dinged to me in the scan. Since you said it is not, I guess an 8-8.5. Could be held back by 2 printing dots on bottom circle & bottom left corner.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    Hookem,

I am very happy to hear that the Hogan is on display! This is one of those cards you just have to show off!

The Hulk Hogan Wrestling All Stars card is a classic! Glad I could help out!

• Options
    NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭
    Should grade 8-9 nice Hogan. 15 complete sets is pretty impressive for 82A.
  • Options
    If it wasn't for the Flair and Hogan I would have 20 something sets. There are a few cards I have a ton of like Bruser Brody where I have 32 singles.

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Cant imagine that getting a 9 with the t/b centering....but psa (and bgs) seems to be giving on this set in that regard. This is the only set where most of the graded 9's I have seen are o/c.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I don't know about the card, but Hulkamania was running wild at Yankee Stadium today. I give this guy a 10 for sure!

• Options
    Hi all. First post here.

I have Series A and B that will be going on ebay soon. I was missing Wahoo McDaniel from series A and Strongbow and Santana from series B. Found them though so those replacements are on their way. The set is if I had to guess EX++ to NR MT. I won't be getting it graded but I think the cards could be sent to PSA.

Just to give you an idea, I took a couple of quick pics

• Options
    The Dusty Pic upper left white spot is just a reflection from my iPhone. That card is MT. I'll scan them once this goes up for sale with better images.
  • Options
    Hello all,

I was an avid baseball card collector in the 80's, and today while digging through some of my cards, I stumbled across a complete set (series A and B) of 1982 wrestling all-star cards. I remembered getting these as a kid, but never really thought much about them. After I found them, I googled info on the cards, and obviously, I'm very excited with what I found.

So my question is this...what is the best approach for selling these? Do I get the big ones (Andre, Hulk, Flair, etc) graded, or do I just try to sell the entire thing raw? On the whole, I'd grade the cards in excellent condition.

Any advice/suggestions (including who is the best grading service and or potential raw price) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Options
    If you have a scanner, post some scans of the bigger cards and then your question can more accurately be answered.

• Options
    No scanner, but I can email you pictures. I just took pictures of Hulk, Andre, Rhodes, and Flair. I can take other if interested.

Thanks again for any help.

thebaldenglishteacher@gmail.com
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    It's like moths to a flame!!!!!!
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options

<< <i>Hello all,

I was an avid baseball card collector in the 80's, and today while digging through some of my cards, I stumbled across a complete set (series A and B) of 1982 wrestling all-star cards. I remembered getting these as a kid, but never really thought much about them. After I found them, I googled info on the cards, and obviously, I'm very excited with what I found.

So my question is this...what is the best approach for selling these? Do I get the big ones (Andre, Hulk, Flair, etc) graded, or do I just try to sell the entire thing raw? On the whole, I'd grade the cards in excellent condition.

Any advice/suggestions (including who is the best grading service and or potential raw price) would be appreciated.

Thanks! >>

I'm going raw with mine. Whatever I get, I get. I hate sending cards in to be graded. If someone buys mine and makes some extra cash doing it = good for them! Good luck with your sale as well!
  • Options
    One card I thought I had tracked down but it fell through: Wahoo McDaniel #22 series A. PM me if anyone has one to sell. Thanks!
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    8.5 bottom left corner.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    psa 9
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **