Home Metal Detecting

May 15, 2012: FIRST GOLD OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOM BABY!!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
My last gold was May 8, 2011, and it almost seemed like gold would never show again image.

I was planning on hitting the same place from the other day that yielded 3 silvers. But, near the end of the work day, a co-worker informed me a local park was having some maintenance done and some trees were removed. Well, she didn't have to tell me twice!

I had hit this park last year and found a few silvers, so it would have been nice to find another silver. Her friend had said that she saw a couple people detecting there recently though, DOH! It's an exceptionally small area so I lost a little wind in my sails. But, no place is ever cleaned out.

Within 10 minutes those small little hearts show up. Maybe gold plated at the top. One has Harry engraved in it, and the other one looks to be Virginia. Ok, that's neat, there has to be gold here somewhere. A few minutes later some gold plated cuff links show up. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, gold will never happen!

THEN, THEN... in one of the dirt patches, I get an almost lead-like, Zincoln-like signal. Since this place was kind of clean, it was worth a dig. Dig down about 6 inches, but instead of a zincoln... out comes a ring!!!!!!!! It looked gold, and out of the ground it signaled like a zincoln, which gold can do. I took a video right after, right here: Video Here

Then I took 55 pictures when I got home, haha. Cleaned the dirt out and saw the 10k mark!! Can anyone recognize the maker?

While there, also got a nickel signal, it was a jefferson. Closed the plug and a few inches over dug a Buffalo! Let's stick the ol' Pistol Probe in and see if there's anything else.... got a signal...what the heck?? turns out to be a silver Roosie! It was completely obstructed by the nickel signal.

Buff is 1937, Roosie is 1956

The scale is at my mom's house, so it can't be weighed for a little while. My guess is about 3 grams. Not too bad!!

Comments

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you are ahead of me in the gold catagory for the month of May. BTW. Don't you just like the way gold is gold when you pull it out of the ground.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's worth a image

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg, thats a way nice score. nice pick up image
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like my dads wedding ring=old.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments everyone! Just weighed it and it comes in at 4.3 grams. Better than a sharp stick in the eye!

<< <i>Now you are ahead of me in the gold catagory for the month of May. BTW. Don't you just like the way gold is gold when you pull it out of the ground. >>

PPC, I might be up in gold so far in May, but you're boat loads ahead on gold for the year! And, looks like you'll be the victor again in change counts for May. April was a fluke for change totals.

There's nothing like moving some dirt and seeing the shine of gold! Silver and large coppers are close behind.

HH all!!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great finds... gold is always exciting..... and silver is a prize as well... Cheers, RickO
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting videos. Great finds!!!
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for posting videos. Great finds!!! >>

Thanks! It's nice watching other peoples finds in video so I'm starting to try it a bit even though nothing seems to be focused. Kind of makes you feel like you're there