Home Precious Metals

Facebook or Gold?

2»

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>chart, FB vs GLD >>

FB is amazing. Currently 99X earning and heading higher and higher straight up it flies! >>

Yes, this pile of electrons will soon have 12 Billion users and be the first trillion dollar company!
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just trying to stay ahead of the curve. image

For me, 'unfriend.' I'll stick with gold. I'll look at FB later this year. >>

My OP of May 15, 2012. I was way off. image

I remember Trump announcing he bought at $19 on CNBC.

Instead of FB or Gold I should've posted Kelso or Gold. image

2 yr Chart, Kelso vs GLD

1 yr Chart, Kelso vs GLD, my 2014 pic)
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>chart, FB vs GLD >>

FB is amazing. Currently 99X earning and heading higher and higher straight up it flies! >>

Yes, this pile of electrons will soon have 12 Billion users and be the first trillion dollar company! >>

You could be right! FB already has surged passed Coca-Cola and AT&T as one of the most valuable companies in the world!

Quarter of a $trillion and shooting higher!
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Amazon taking a 10% hit after hours. Lost 27c against a -15c estimate.

Can't figure out why Ebay wants to emulate them.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Amazon taking a 10% hit after hours. Lost 27c against a -15c estimate.

Can't figure out why Ebay wants to emulate them. >>

I do commend Bezos for his long-term outlook. He is one of very, very few CEOs who don't focus on stock price and quarterly profit 99% of the time.
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Gold, I can stick in my hand, and it will still be there many years from now.

Facebook is at its top, but can go stick it, and will be superseded by the next big fad as people are looking for something new.

If I had FB, I'd be looking for a spike to get out. If I had gold instead, I'd feel more secure.

If I wanted an investment right now, it would be in something that doesn't depreciate and physically still be there in a decade.
    COA
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold, I can stick in my hand, and it will still be there many years from now.

Facebook is at its top, but can go stick it, and will be superseded by the next big fad as people are looking for something new.

If I had FB, I'd be looking for a spike to get out. If I had gold instead, I'd feel more secure.

If I wanted an investment right now, it would be in something that doesn't depreciate and physically still be there in a decade. >>

Guess gold n silver are out then...

The key is learning to stick and unstick... Lol
    keceph `anah