Home Metal Detecting
Options

just a cool place I saw today

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
This is at an old farm in the back of the Nashville Zoo, no MD's allowed.

I always have my eye out for new grounds, sad that none of them will be available but fun to dream about.

Ray

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like some equipment that American Pickers would like to come across.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like some equipment that American Pickers would like to come across.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting... too bad it is off limits... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let the imagination run wild with that one. i can only imagine whats in there. give it time image
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Well that looks promising! Too bad about no MDing. At least everything's nice and green. Just starting to get leaves on trees up here.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics! I love to walk in the woods and discovering old items such as you did,Ray. Your mind runs away with you,doesn't it? To think of the history and what person drove those old tractors? Cool!!! imagine, the coins that could be under you? or whatsoever?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I love seeing stuff like this, my mind always runs wild with possibilities...

How old is this stuff? How did this work? How hard did they have to work compared to today's technology? How did this provide for their family? How much land did they till with this equipment? Did they use horse or oxen? Where did the family lay out for a pick nick? Where did the change fall out of their pocket...lol?

I then search around for old walls and Big Oak trees thinking this is where they hid their mason jar of coins for safe keeping.

Yes, the mind wanders image

Thanks for looking,
    Ray
  • Options
    it is off limits if you make a donation? Worked for me a few times image
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunch of old horse pulled equipment, dist for tilling the soil, one looks to make the rows and seed. The one in the back in the first pic looks like a modern contraption, that doesnt look the have been sitting there long...still has air in the tires? Which to me kills the idea of this equipment having been there very long. Something they pull out for display once a year possibly?

Man I hope I wasnt too much of a buzz kill there. Its just that I grew up with this stuff around the farm....we never used any of it, it was just there.