Home U.S. Coin Forum

NewP from Heritage Platinum Night Arrived today

This arrived today in the mail box. I've been wanting a nice example of this type coin for a while now.
imageimage

As always questions and comments are welcome.

BTW if anyone could explain the value associated with the coppers when they were minted I would greatly appreciate it. I believe that they were an experiment in decimal coinage and valued differently depending on the state/common wealth you were in. But I'm having trouble understanding the difference between the patterns (with the unit values on reverse) and the coppers that circulated in the US.

Comments

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is nice to me

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neato, congrats!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice ... a real old treasure... Cheers, RickO
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    Very nice example. Congrats on the pickup.image

Mike
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it - congrats!

During that period of time, weren't they valued differently in each colony?? Perhaps CRO, JK or others can chip in with the right answer.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    WoW! that is really nice.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasty. I viewed that coin and had positive comments in my notes. I was actually sitting next to Dave from CRO during the auction and distracting him. Congrat's. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to info from ND. More than you probably wanted......

Link to Nova info
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    nice coin!
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • rawmorganrawmorgan Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tasty. I viewed that coin and had positive comments in my notes. I was actually sitting next to Dave from CRO during the auction and distracting him. Congrat's. MJ >>

Thanks for the "copper-block" on CRO.image
  • rawmorganrawmorgan Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a link to info from ND. More than you probably wanted......

Link to Nova info >>

Thanks for the link, I did read that a while back. What I didn't get was that there was 5 mill and an 8 mill coppers to be minted. The patterns had their mill designations on them, but the pieces that were minted had no mill markings. So how were they valued?

2 five unit coins = 1 penny in PA, NJ, DE, MD
    3 five unit coins = 1 penny in GA
    3 eight unit coins = 1 penny in NY and NC
    4 eight unit coins = 1 penny in NH, MA, RI, CT and VA

The above conversion was taken from the Notre Dame link.
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    sweet example
    but someone put a silly sticker over part of the label descriptiveness...image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file