Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie Card #62 Psa 7 Nicely Centered Looks Like A Psa 8

I will accept $750 here on the boards outside of ebay if anyone is interested.
1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie Card Psa 7

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice card GL on auction!
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Nice card. Why don't you have it reviewed? A bump from 7 to 8 is worth an extra $1200 or so.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    What is VCP on that one?
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Here are the VCP for 2012:

4/24/12 eBay Auction | Image probstein123 t***s 28 $610.00
    4/8/12 eBay Auction | Image thepriceoftheirtoys a***t 17 $595.00
    4/5/12 Huggins & Scott Auction | Image 14 $646.25
    4/2/12 eBay Auction | Image calm6676 a***_ 23 $616.88
    4/1/12 eBay Auction | Image wcsports1 e***z 25 $645.67
    3/8/12 eBay Auction | Image sundiegocollectibles p***a 16 $620.00
    2/2/12 eBay Auction | Image rcmcollection h***m 2 $699.99
    2/1/12 eBay Auction | Image prewarcardcollector a***0 22 $611.97
    1/24/12 eBay Listing | Image jpnathan z***z BIN $500.00
    1/23/12 eBay Auction | Image sundiegocollectibles r***m 21 $598.88
    1/5/12 eBay Auction | Image topguncards e***t 15 $592.00
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Just sent mine to PSA hope to get at least a 5.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    cbcnowcbcnow Posts: 82 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice card GL on auction! >>

Thank you I appreciate it!
  • Options

<< <i>Nice card. Why don't you have it reviewed? A bump from 7 to 8 is worth an extra $1200 or so. >>

I am seriously thinking about it!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Just sent mine to PSA hope to get at least a 5. >>

Goodluck! I hope you receive the grade you are looking to get.
  • Options
    Thats a very nice solid 7, But I think an 8 is definately not likey.

John

All American Hobbies Online Store
  • Options

<< <i>Thats a very nice solid 7, But I think an 8 is definately not likey.

John

All American Hobbies Online Store >>

Thank you for your thoughts on it being a very nice solid 7!
    I think the card looks great and even better in person verses the online picture.
    I don`t think many would dispute it if this card were sitting in a Psa 8 Holder!
  • Options
    You have some really nice cards and comics available. I think it would serve you well to invest in a scanner; a lot of us on here use the Epson V300, which can be had for less than $100.

I bring this up because it's hard to get a complete grasp on the centering of that Brown RC at that angle. A good scan might do wonders for your sale.

Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Top to bottom keeps this from an 8 and even the .5 bump.
  • Options

<< <i>You have some really nice cards and comics available. I think it would serve you well to invest in a scanner; a lot of us on here use the Epson V300, which can be had for less than $100.

I bring this up because it's hard to get a complete grasp on the centering of that Brown RC at that angle. A good scan might do wonders for your sale.

Best of luck to you! >>

Great information, thank you! If I continue to sell higher end cards I will definitely look into the scanner that you mentioned. I do have a scanner but
    for some reason it does not scan nearly as nice of a picture as the digital camera. Thank you for the pointers, much appreciated!
  • Options

<< <i>Top to bottom keeps this from an 8 and even the .5 bump. >>

Not to discredit any of the 1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie cards that are for sale but there are some
    Psa 7`s out there that have 85/15 centering left to right and 70/30 top to
    bottom with no OC listed. Saying that I think my card has a very good chance at being
    bumped up to an 8! I have considered resubmitting this card but for now I figure
    as long as I get what I want out of the card why not let the next person make something
    on it as well if it comes back an 8.

If it does not come back an 8 then at the least the buyer will have one of the nicest
    7`s in existence! Either way it goes the buyer will be pleased with this card.
    Thank you for your thoughts.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Nice 7. I don't think an '8' is possible due to the snow in the brown background. I had a '6' that had less snow than that. You can get a premium due to the centering, however your BIN price is really high, and you should maybe lower your expectations a little or you probably won't sell the card.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice 7. I don't think an '8' is possible due to the snow in the brown background. I had a '6' that had less snow than that. You can get a premium due to the centering, however your BIN price is really high, and you should maybe lower your expectations a little or you probably won't sell the card. >>

Your Author Icon is cool. "Richie Rich #1" Great Comic! I recently sold one not through ebay for $745. It was graded a 4.5. The previous recorded sale on a 4.5 was $547 and 1 week after my sale of $745 one sold for $588 on ebay. The reason that mine sold for so much more was because it looked like a 6.0
    I do understand my buy it now price is higher than normal, I have been selling on ebay for 13 years and have over 34,000 feedbacks so over the years I have a certain approach that I take when selling my items and so far that approach has been quite successful. I have had some strong offers so far but just not quite where I would like to be.
    Thank you for your suggestion and it is well taken.

Take care!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Based on the low quality picture....no chance at an 8. If you are serious at all and that is high end....go get the epson scanner now...it will pay the $100 for itself with the Jim Brown card if it is high end. I'm serious...go get the epson now. Quit fiddle, faddle, farting around.
  • Options
    I collected Richie Rich's growing up. I have 3 #1 issues floating around admist my collection somewhere! One is CGC graded, the other two are raw. As far as the Epson scanner goes, I have one as well! They are worth their weight in gold. Get the V30, as that is all you need to do cards. It produces a nice clear image.
  • Options

<< <i>Based on the low quality picture....no chance at an 8. If you are serious at all and that is high end....go get the epson scanner now...it will pay the $100 for itself with the Jim Brown card if it is high end. I'm serious...go get the epson now. Quit fiddle, faddle, farting around. >>

It amazes me how several different members here are so fast to cr@p in someone`s thread! I am a member of another board and if someone had something negative to say they would pm that person, they wouldn`t post it for everyone to see. I guess every board is different but I am sure there a lot of members here that would agree with what I am saying. If you do not think the card will regrade a Psa 8 so be it. If you really feel the desire to make that known pm me and that is perfectly fine. However when you post it for everyone to read it is BS! I have respected everyone on here so far unless they have disrespected me. I am beginning to wonder if me being so respectful is being taken as a weakness to others.
    Who are you Mickey71 to tell me "go get the epson scanner now." And for me to Quit fiddle, faddle, farting around. I don`t appreciate that type of disrespect! If you do not have anything good to say don`t say anything at all!

If you want respect you have to give respect otherwise you are going to get disrespected! Period!

To everyone else I thank you again for your support and help with me being new here and learning the ropes and for your personal emails and pm`s.

• Options

<< <i>I collected Richie Rich's growing up. I have 3 #1 issues floating around admist my collection somewhere! One is CGC graded, the other two are raw. As far as the Epson scanner goes, I have one as well! They are worth their weight in gold. Get the V30, as that is all you need to do cards. It produces a nice clear image. >>

I collected Richie Rich comics when I was growing up also. 3 #1`s! Sounds like you have a very nice collection! I recently sold a Little Dot #1 first appearance of Richie Rich and Little Dot #6 which is Richie Rich`s first comic cover.
    I deal with comics more than cards at this time. In the late 90`s I was involved in cards quite a bit more. If I continue to deal with cards I will definitely look into purchasing the Epson V30. Thank you again for the info!
  • Options
    Cbcnow,
    You're right. I apologize. I think what I actually meant...I know I didn't say it that way....If you get the quality scanner, you will have almost no drama surrounding anything you sell. When people can see clearly the card or any item it takes away a ton of guessing by the potential buyers. Again...I apologize and good luck with the sale.

Mickey71
  • Options

<< <i>Cbcnow,
    You're right. I apologize. I think what I actually meant...I know I didn't say it that way....If you get the quality scanner, you will have almost no drama surrounding anything you sell. When people can see clearly the card or any item it takes away a ton of guessing by the potential buyers. Again...I apologize and good luck with the sale.

Mickey71 >>

Thank you Mickey71! I appreciate that very much and I accept your apology! If I continue to sell cards I will definitely look into getting the quality scanner that has been brought to my attention. Thank you for wishing me luck on the sale and I wish you the best as well!
  • Options
    I do not collect Jim Brown; but the rookie card commands just about everyone's attention....especially in NM or better.

Mickey71
  • Options

<< <i>I do not collect Jim Brown; but the rookie card commands just about everyone's attention....especially in NM or better.

Mickey71 >>

Yes I am actually surprised on how much attention it is bringing! Here and on ebay! I agree, being NM seems to have put it over the top as far as the interest goes.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice brown. Does look like it has a chance at a 7.5
    Great image as well. Good luck with the sale.
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice brown. Does look like it has a chance at a 7.5
    Great image as well. Good luck with the sale. >>

Thank you Handyman! I appreciate the kind words and support!
  • Options
    Not a problem. Let me know if you are interested in trading it.
    Great card.
  • Options

<< <i>Not a problem. Let me know if you are interested in trading it.
    Great card. >>

For the time being I am only looking to sell it, if I change my mind and decide to trade
    it you will be the 1st to know.

I am also open to taking offers here on the boards verses ebay.
    Anyone that is interested please feel free to pm me your offer.
    Thanks again Handyman!
  • Options
    Please feel free to make an offer.

1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie Psa 7
  • Options
    Weather the card would bump is debatable.

What is not debatable is the impact that the V30 would have on the cards presentation.

A card like that really shouldn't be listed without a quality scan. Not saying it won't sell or get some attention, but if
    I were in the market for a NM or better Jim Brown Rookie I would skip over or give a quick glance at this listing just because of no quality pic.

Im not trying to be disrespectful of your right to list your cards however you please.

But I would even suggest taking down the Auction until you can get a quality scan up like the one the V30 can offer.

imageimage

John
    All American Hobbies Online Store
  • Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    That's nice, the scan, I'm going to look at the Jim Brown now.
  • Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    The Amazing Fantasy is nicer!
  • Options

<< <i>The Amazing Fantasy is nicer! >>

Thank you! I agree!
  • Options

<< <i>Weather the card would bump is debatable.

What is not debatable is the impact that the V30 would have on the cards presentation.

A card like that really shouldn't be listed without a quality scan. Not saying it won't sell or get some attention, but if
    I were in the market for a NM or better Jim Brown Rookie I would skip over or give a quick glance at this listing just because of no quality pic.

Im not trying to be disrespectful of your right to list your cards however you please.

But I would even suggest taking down the Auction until you can get a quality scan up like the one the V30 can offer.

imageimage

Your advice is appreciated!
    John
    All American Hobbies Online Store >>

• Options
    Unsure as to why the bump. You have turned down some pretty fair offers. If you are looking for the premium, you might have to sit on it awhile.
  • Options
    I welcome this post. Very key card to football that should be worth more than his asking price some day. Very very tough and nice card!
    Good luck with you sale in the future. Love the card!
    A top 5 of all football rookies if you ask me.
  • Options

<< <i>Unsure as to why the bump. You have turned down some pretty fair offers. If you are looking for the premium, you might have to sit on it awhile. >>

Unsure as to what the concern is for me bumping my own thread, however you are correct I have turned down some fair offers even some higher than yours. And yes I am looking for a premium for a well centered Psa 7.
    If I have to sit on it for awhile I am not concerned, this card only brings more attention to my other auctions! I will accept $750 here on the boards outside of ebay if anyone is interested.
  • Options

<< <i>I welcome this post. Very key card to football that should be worth more than his asking price some day. Very very tough and nice card!
    Good luck with you sale in the future. Love the card!
    A top 5 of all football rookies if you ask me. >>

Thank you Handyman! It is nice to know that there are board members such as yourself that are so welcoming to a newcomer as myself.
    I appreciate your positivity and kind words, it is much appreciated!
  • Options

As a reminder I will accept $750 here on the boards outside of ebay if anyone is interested.
    1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie Psa 7
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie Psa 7 >>

As a reminder I will accept $750 here on the boards outside of ebay if anyone is interested. >>

Just a reminder, that is still $40 higher than ANY of the last 16 PSA 7 Browns have sold for.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie Psa 7 >>

As a reminder I will accept $750 here on the boards outside of ebay if anyone is interested. >>

Just a reminder, that is still $40 higher than ANY of the last 16 PSA 7 Browns have sold for. >>

I am not firm on the $750 but close to it. If you are interested in it for $710 I can do it for that price here on the boards
    As long as I do not incur any pay pal fees.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Really surprised you still have this card. I have one, or I would scoop it up for $710. I just don't have so much extra capital that I can afford to own two.
  • Options

<< <i>Really surprised you still have this card >>

I'm not surprised.
  • Options

<< <i>Unsure as to what the concern is for me bumping my own thread, however you are correct I have turned down some fair offers even some higher than yours. And yes I am looking for a premium for a well centered Psa 7. >>

The card is nicely centered. I don't like that spot that Jim Brown's left hand is pointing to however.
  • Options

<< <i>Really surprised you still have this card. I have one, or I would scoop it up for $710. I just don't have so much extra capital that I can afford to own two. >>

Yes I`m surprised too considering how nice the card is centered. Glad to hear that you already have one, it is a very nice card to own!