Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade this Aaron - No Qualifiers

Thinking about cracking this one out and resubmitting since I don't like qualifiers. What grade do you think this would get without any qualifiers? Please note that the card has no creases or wrinkles and that the surface is clean with good gloss. The lines you see in the picture are from the glare since I don't have a scanner and have to go old school with a camera. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    6, I doubt it would straight 7.

Nice card.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say a 7 but card is so nice you might get an 8. I don't know if the centering is within tolerance for an 8. This might be a good place for a 7.5, but I have heard that's more of a reward for better centering.

Either way, that's a NICE card! And you will be rid of the dreaded qualifier.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    That is an easy one - 6. Joe Banzai, you are too high with your assessment. Centering makes that no higher than a 6.
  • Options
    MilehighHOFMilehighHOF Posts: 255 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the opinions. It is currently an 8 (OC). The corners are really nice, but obviously the centering is off. Not sure I'll crack it if it will likely come back a 6.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the actual grade of the card. Very different than the dufus who posted the Bagwell card and never posted the result
  • Options
    MilehighHOFMilehighHOF Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for posting the actual grade of the card. Very different than the dufus who posted the Bagwell card and never posted the result >>

No problem. I didn't post it at first because I wanted to get opinions without the current grade influencing opinions.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    6 on centering
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I would have won, because 8 (OC) is what I would have guessed the current grade to be. It is a great card, but you won't see any benefit of a bump.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for revealing the grade, Card appears NM/MT on my monitor other than centering. Corners, focus, color, all good, no print dots. Worst spot of centering appears to be about 80/20, so according to PSA that means it MUST be a 6. Well I am going to give it a 6.5 because I can't see downgrading a card this nice because of centering.

In (re)reading PSA's grading standards you could have a real piece of $hit card rate a 7 if it was just a 1/32th of an inch over to the right.

Or am I missing some other flaw.

Joe

P.S. Could be because I am an old fart, we never were that strict on centering.

P.P.S. bobbyw8469 YOU WIN YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Joe ... without measuring I'd say that Killer, at it's worst point, is a little better centered than the Aaron at it's worst point (s/s top).

I too think that the card is an "8" if centered better, so a straight "6" would be my guess.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    really sharp 6
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    From my own experience and what I've viewed on EBAY lately....that card is much more valuable in an 8 o/c. I would leave it as is.
  • Options
    radmanradman Posts: 89 ✭✭
    good day: 7
    most days: 6