Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NFL DRAFT - Lets get this party started.

As a Browns fan im pumped for tonight. I have not started drinking yet but I just went and got a 12 pack. Im not liking all this talk about someone trading up to 3rd and taking TR away from us. I fully expect alot of trades tonight, and a few by the Browns. What do you guys think your teams are going to do.

GO BROWNS

Dave
Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Browns fan (and Ravens fan... figure that one out), and I can't help but to feel like the Browns will find some way to screw this draft up. I just have this sinking feeling that the Browns will end up trading down like they always do. I'll be watching tonight with the blanket pulled over my head...
  • Options

<< <i>I'm a Browns fan (and Ravens fan... figure that one out), and I can't help but to feel like the Browns will find some way to screw this draft up. I just have this sinking feeling that the Browns will end up trading down like they always do. I'll be watching tonight with the blanket pulled over my head... >>

I dont see us sitting idle this draft, we will be very active. I think H & H realize they need to do something now or the door may hit them in the rear end and push them into the unemployment line (or the local Citgo).
  • Options
    You would think so... but I just don't know. You know as well as I do, what it feels like to be a Browns fan, or a Cleveland fan in general. Things like this have a tendency to not go our way. I guess we'll find out soon enough!
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, since the Falcons don't have a first round pick and we were able to trade for Asante Samuel, I guess that's gonna help a little(maybe?)
  • Options
    As a Browns fan im pumped for tonight. I have not started drinking yet

WHY NOT ??

I expect the Eagles to outsmart themselves, AGAIN, and do something STUPID

We want a LB
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Bucs Fan Here, I am getting excited! Hoping we don't do something stupid and give up our 3rd rounder to the Vikings to move up 2 spots and draft Richardson. Additionally, Hoping like hell that the Vikings stay put and draft Kalil, thus Richardson or Claiborne fall. Luke Kuechly wouldnt be a bad consolation price at MLB, as we need to a CB, RB, SS and OLB/MLB in this draft. My perfect draft would look something like this:

1-Claiborne CB LSU
    2-Doug Martin RB Boise State or David Wilson RB Virgina Tech
    3-LaVonte David OLB Nebraska

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RG3 Let's GO!!!!!!!!
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭

As a long time Browns fan, this is the highlight of the year. After the draft------

it is all downhill.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Draft will start with the third pick......should be fun as always.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Which team was it in years past that was so bozo they didn't get their pick in by the time the clock expired ?
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Steeler fan and I have no clue what they will do. They usually go for best player but they do have several needs. There's been talk of them taking Hightower, Poe or a lineman with their first pick. I think it will come down to who's left on the board that they like. They could even trade up or down if they really want a player. That's what makes the draft exciting. Every mock can get upended as soon as the first team goes with an unconventional pick that screws up the cascading the rest of the round.
  • Options
    Mat84Mat84 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    NFL Draft? I hope da Bears draft some studs but some of us won't be watching very closely.

• Options

<< <i>Draft will start with the third pick......should be fun as always. >>

You said that right. I got the beer, pizza, pretzel poppers w/ cheese, pepper poppers and im making fried ice cream for dessert.

GO BROWNS
  • Options

<< <i>Which team was it in years past that was so bozo they didn't get their pick in by the time the clock expired ? >>

Am sure it is rare to see one 'quote' themself, but here is the answer

www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2003-04-26-vikings-oops_x.htm

I had thought the Browns moved over during the the off season to New Jersey.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NFL Draft? I hope da Bears draft some studs but some of us won't be watching very closely.

image >>

I would rather watch hockey, too...the NFL draft is boring.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Roll Tide....5 players in the first round.
  • Options

<< <i>As a Browns fan im pumped for tonight. I have not started drinking yet but I just went and got a 12 pack. Im not liking all this talk about someone trading up to 3rd and taking TR away from us. I fully expect alot of trades tonight, and a few by the Browns. What do you guys think your teams are going to do.

GO BROWNS

Dave >>

one scenario i heard is that the browns can draft kalil with their pick and the bears would trade forte and their first rounder for him and the 22nd pick. Not bad for both imo
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Lions fan here, this is the first time we are not picking around the top sense Barry played for us back in the 90's. Makes it a little less interesting but I will take it!
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Rams fan here. I too am hoping the Vikings take Kahlil. I would be happy with TR, Claiborne or Blackmon. We need help everywhere. However, I hope we grab Blackmon. Bradford needs WR help bad. I also hope we take Alshon Jeffery (WR from South Carolina) with the first pick of the 2nd round. That would give Bradford a guy that can stretch the field as well as a stud in the red zone.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Just saw on ESPN that Browns are trading up to #3
  • Options
    I have a sneaky feeling that the Vikings now take Claiborne and the Bucs might take Blackmon. Crappppp.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Dave, it cost them alot on that trade up!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>Dave, it cost them alot on that trade up! >>

A 4th 5th and 7th. With H&H track record in later rounds, its a blessing.
  • Options

<< <i>I have a sneaky feeling that the Vikings now take Claiborne and the Bucs might take Blackmon. Crappppp. >>

Whos to say they dont trade down again and grab MORE picks.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have a sneaky feeling that the Vikings now take Claiborne and the Bucs might take Blackmon. Crappppp. >>

Whos to say they dont trade down again and grab MORE picks. >>

They might do that. Like I said, it's not like they have major holes to fill. I think if the Blackmon and Claiborne are gone they will trade.

Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I think the best value pick that will fall to the Bears at 19 will be at CB
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    RGIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    Go Bears!!!
  • Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    So, I just got home...as a Browns fan, why did we trade from 4 to 3? I'm not sure I get it.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options

<< <i>So, I just got home...as a Browns fan, why did we trade from 4 to 3? I'm not sure I get it. >>

Because 2 or more other teams were talking the them about moving up and we wanted TR
  • Options
    Jacksonville traded up....Blackmon?
  • Options
    so they were just blocking...I'm not sure the Vikes woulda traded back that far would they? Oh well, guess we got who I wanted with the first pick so it's all good.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on T. Richardson!

Hoping the Bengals do well at #17 and #21.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Its been an exciting draft so far. As a fan of the Browns and Cowboys I love their selections.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    I'm not unhappy at all with what my Bucs did. Picked up an extra 4th and filled a need. Hear they compare this Barron kid to Ronnie Lott. That's high praise if true. Filled a HUGE whole in that secondary. Would be shocked if a CB or RB isn't the pick in rd. 2
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not unhappy at all with what my Bucs did. Picked up an extra 4th and filled a need. Hear they compare this Barron kid to Ronnie Lott. That's high praise if true. Filled a HUGE whole in that secondary. Would be shocked if a CB or RB isn't the pick in rd. 2 >>

Matt, that was a solid pick by the Bucs. Although I am not happy with the Bucs. That trade cost the Rams Justin Blackmon. UGHHH.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Im just glad the Browns got TR and not the Bucs. They would of been a very scary team if Freeman could perform.
  • Options
    BOOYAH, The Eagles did not screw up the pick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fletcher Cox BOOYAH

Last year, we drafted a 26 year old Fire Fighter in Round 1 WTF were they thinking, or drinking ??

Highly entertaining draft ... Makes for good background noise
  • Options
    Not sure I am happy with the Rams pick. Thought they should have taken the OG out of Stanford. They were last in the league in sacks allowed.

BTW, Pete Carroll is a dufus. Maybe the worst drafter of ALL TIME.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure I am happy with the Rams pick. Thought they should have taken the OG out of Stanford. They were last in the league in sacks allowed. >>

I thought Rams were going Reilly Reiff for sure, surprised!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Not sure I am happy with the Rams pick. Thought they should have taken the OG out of Stanford. They were last in the league in sacks allowed. >>

I thought Rams were going Reilly Reiff for sure, surprised! >>

Brockers is a raw talent that most guys felt like if he stayed another year he would be a top 5 pick next year. The Rams have holes everywhere but I thought they would have went with one of the OL at that spot.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure I am happy with the Rams pick. Thought they should have taken the OG out of Stanford. They were last in the league in sacks allowed.

BTW, Pete Carroll is a dufus. Maybe the worst drafter of ALL TIME. >>

Irvin has the talent and skill to succeed as a pass rusher but the off field issues are a real concern. A very risky pick b/c Irvin could be out of the league in a few years if he can't stay out of trouble.

title.
  • Options
    not happy with that pick at all.image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I thought Rams were going Reilly Reiff for sure, surprised! >>

Brockers is a raw talent that most guys felt like if he stayed another year he would be a top 5 pick next year. The Rams have holes everywhere but I thought they would have went with one of the OL at that spot. >>

He's a good run defender but needs to develop as a pass rusher.

title.
  • Options
    Wow um yeah. Im not sure what to think, I love Colt but just wow. I think a wide reciever at 22 sounded better.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Rams need players at 17 positions, hope Brockers just filled one and the 3 second round picks fill 3 more.

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>Wow um yeah. Im not sure what to think, I love Colt but just wow. I think a wide reciever at 22 sounded better. >>

+1

I mean I think I like Weeden, but at #22? He has nobody to throw to!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow um yeah. Im not sure what to think, I love Colt but just wow. I think a wide reciever at 22 sounded better. >>

+1

I mean I think I like Weeden, but at #22? He has nobody to throw to! >>

Yep, and its not like he has a lot of time for the Browns to build a team around him. IMO he would of been there at #37.

title.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

+1

Yep, and its not like he has a lot of time for the Browns to build a team around him. IMO he would of been there at #37. >>

I agree. 11 beers into a 12 pack. I still love my Browns until I die
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

+1

Yep, and its not like he has a lot of time for the Browns to build a team around him. IMO he would of been there at #37. >>

I agree. 11 beers into a 12 pack. I still love my Browns until I die >>

I love the Richardson pick but the Weeden pick could have waited. Weeden = D.Anderson w/ less INT's?

title.