Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Honoring your word

2»

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The difficulty is being in the hobby and working for a business in the hobby while posting on message boards. One either operates on these boards as an individual absent any connection with the company they work for OR they operate as a representative of the company that they work for. Combining the two opens one to being chastised for speaking on a personal matter while being held accountable as a representative of their employer. Whether that is fair or not, there are too many here that will look for an opportunity to take a shot at one or the other.

Reed's question, while legitimate and perhaps with regard to a personal purchase, gets taken out of context because of his employer and the fact that he has previously spoken on these boards as a representative of such.

I'd suggest that until some of those that are pointing fingers and asking wise-azzed questions demonstrate the level of character that Reed has over the years that I've known him and during the time he has spent on the boards, they keep their condemning comments about Reed's motives to themselves.

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW, KAKA you are a total *ss. Take your ALT and stick it up you know where. That comment about the gravestone was inexcusable. You know how to make friends fast.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> And I could really care less about a gravestone of anyone I don't know.

>>

You are a real POS. >>

I normally do not jump into these kind of threads. But that is very rude.

+2 for KaKa being a piece of KaKa
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    I said 'could' care less, as in offerring to care more. I didn't say 'couldn't' care less.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I said 'could' care less, as in offerring to care more. I didn't say 'couldn't' care less. >>

Whatever "Dude."
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i> And I could really care less about a gravestone of anyone I don't know.

>>

What in the world is wrong with you KaKa? You must be the biggest POS on here.
  • Options
    KaKa is right. I'm outta line. In his few week tenure he has brought a lot of value to these boards and has become a very respectable member. I was wrong, please forgive me. I enjoy all your positive posts and helpful insight, and it would be a shame to not have you as part of the CU community.

And your right who does care about a gravestone about someone they don't know. I don't know what I was thinking. Isn't like I had posted about my wife suffering before, and nobody knows about it. Not like there have been literally a few hundred people here that have provided strength, prayers, and encouragement over the last year for myself and 3 young children. I'm such an azz, I feel so stupid. Man I wish I hadn't bothered anyone. It's not like a bunch on here can relate, or had some come to my wife's funeral... That would be just weird. It would be even more strange if I played golf with a bunch of members here, or met them at the National. Shoot someone would have to be outta there mind to go to Vegas with members here.

I'm a moron, I suck, you are so right KaKa. Thank you for helping me, you inspire me to do better.

God Bless brother, happy collecting. I look forward to your posts!! image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Had no idea a message board was so important to many peoples lives. WOW is right. Ya'll do know there is life outside of this ? Go Dolphins ?
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it the Dolphins or the Bills? I guess when they play against each other you're routing for a tie?
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Had no idea a message board was so important to many peoples lives. WOW is right. Ya'll do know there is life outside of this ? Go Dolphins ? >>

Sure...we know that KaKa. That's why many of us come on here....to take a break from our hectic lives. This place is an outlet for alot of us. Every now and then we get an "internet tough guy" on here who likes to kick the hornets nest like yourself. He likes to start trouble and say things that he normally would not say in a face to face environment. You're nothing we haven't seen here before boy.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this guy a member on here? I think you said it with the post then.It was rude I agree.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I heard Kaka was a chick.. pretending to be a dude
  • Options
    Getting back on topic Sean asked- "On a similar note, if an offer was made, but no price ever agreed upon, would you still consider it bad practice to sell it to another party with a better offer?"

If no agreement was reached (both parties didnt agree to the sales price) then the seller can sell to whoever he likes and Read would just be venting about a deal that got away.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I get disappointed all the time by sellers offering $5 shipping. I just ding the hell out of their stars, write some nasties on message boards, and move on. >>

Keep up the good work, Brezhnev.
  • Options
    I've been reading these boards for quite sometime, but have not posted until now. I've seen some members say some pretty mean things to others. I've seen this board act like a lynch mob toward someone when it wasn't deserved. But by far the most f**ked up thing I've ever read is what Kaka just said about Micons late wifes headstone.

What the f**k is wrong with you? How could you make such a comment toward a man who just lost his wife, and was struggling a little with how to word her headstone. Wanting to get it right for his children, his wifes memory, and himself.

I read that thread, and I thought it was beautiful. It was a breath of fresh air to see his friends rally around him, and give him support in his time of need. I tell you what Kaka, I would rather read a thread about a man picking out a headstone for his late wife any day of the week before I read a thread about some moron leaving two graded sportscards out in the sun to see what happens to them.

I hope for your sake that you're still a kid, because if you're an adult.....your mama raised an idiot.

PS- for the record I don't know Micon but I enjoy his case break and group rip threads.....keep them coming!

EDIT:SPELLING

• Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Had no idea a message board was so important to many peoples lives. WOW is right. Ya'll do know there is life outside of this ? Go Dolphins ? >>

Your mother must be so very proud of you.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseballislife,

Let me be the first to say to you: image to the boards!!!!!

Hope to see many posts from you on here.

I usually just sit back and read posts. I love about 99% of Miconelegacy's posts. image I personally think Mike's posts are the most unique on this forum. Lots of good stuff.

BBCE's reputation isn't even close to being tarnished form this post. I believe that everyone has a bad day now and then, and Reed was just sharing. He just wanted to get an outsiders look at this unusual situation and that was all. He is certainly entitled. I really would rather hear about our next rip! image

KAKA: No comment! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    It's amazing some of things I read others write on these boards. I think if everyone spent more time being supportive of each other, and spent less time trying to tear their fellow collector down, these boards and frankly the world on the whole would be a much better place.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Kaka is obviously an alt because he made a comment about my bankroll and putting down my purchase in another thread. I'd like to find out who it is.
  • Options
    Let's not post about this anymore not worth the time. Quick search shows the facts which we already know. Only thing not in here is posts of women and the cards are in the sun.

He makes fun of Mattingly's name, beats up on Tommy's thread, calling him names, calls Muggy names, beats up on Sean1125, calls out everyone about wait times, gets on Reed and BBCE, well and obviously me.

After seeing anyone that does that I will call them out like I did. It's just who I am. Everyone gets negative, everyone posts stupid stuff, heck this is Really stupid this post I'm doing. But if someone beats up on many people here, I'm going to call you out. So I did and Cucka didn't like it. Some of the posts are actually decent. Problem is beating up on to many people. I'm a defender, especially when someone is out of line.

Maybe he'll go away, maybe he'll stay. If you stay Cucka be productive, and quit beating up on people, otherwise Karma is a Bit-h. Look forward to many productive posts.

Happy Friday!!!!!!! image

4/26/12

*****Is that really the BBCE guy who initiated this string ? Wow if so. Wammbulance is right on that one. Would have never expected such a situation brought up in the open like that from that company. My how the mighty reputation can fall with a simple click like that message.

*****I'm sorry miconelegacy, excuse the ignorance. Will try and improve. (wow) My name is Karl, I am in one of the lower southern states, my teams are Dolphins/Bills, Mets/Dbacks, Hornets/Suns and hockey should have stayed in Canada. I collect 'stuff' I like. And I could really care less about a gravestone of anyone I don't know. I stand by the message above inquiring if it was really a BBCE guy that posted that first message as I found it very unprofessional for a company like that.

Hi Mike, nice to meet you ? (?)

*****I said 'could' care less, as in offerring to care more. I didn't say 'couldn't' care less.

*****Had no idea a message board was so important to many peoples lives. WOW is right. Ya'll do know there is life outside of this ? Go Dolphins ?

Which team was it in years past that was so bozo they didn't get their pick in by the time the clock expired

Which team was it in years past that was so bozo they didn't get their pick in by the time the clock expired ? >>

Am sure it is rare to see one 'quote' themself, but here is the answer

www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2003-04-26-vikings-oops_x.htm

I had thought the Browns moved over during the the off season to New Jersey.

I dig this string. Brings in the art of the long lost card boom era history. Had to peruse the island of misfit card binders for these. But here's some 1991 Pro Vision Fleer Basketball -

Now THAT is a good question. I would bet something from the 1938 Horrors of War set many would consider the grail. The non sport world is sooo diverse compared to the sports card market, I bet there would be hundreds of different views. It would be good to know what the highest price 'paid' for a non sports card or set was. Any more tenured collector have input ?

Everyone should be all better now:

*****When I'm 50 I hope I still take offense to dudes on message boards. Now THAT is the kind of man I want to be.

First I seen on this and I will have to actually buy a box. Pretty cool I think. If any impact to the real 60's cards, it could only be positive. If not simply for reminder on how great that set is. (which I have none of)
    Just checkeed ebay and it looks like this was done before in 1996, as there is a Topps box for sale, but don't think those are actually reprints from the originals. The 2012 Topps Heritage box I might have to get. Thanks for the notice on this.

*****I don't get it. That 1971 set is one of my all time favorites, but I wouldn't buy a set after seeing the Nolan off center card. It would have turned me off. The Aaron though would have got me even though also OC. Why buy a set like this with the bankroll you have ? What will a PSA 6 OC 71 Ryan bring besides hassle of selling ?

*****ok epawn guy. I get it. Boner buy without brain to hold off. 1500 hundred ? That set sucks it looks like.

On a side note KaKa, share your opinion ofcourse but try to be a little more respectful maybe? >>
    Got it, quick learner here. One can't be talking here like he's known folks for ever or like at the office. I got it and will take your advice. Please excuse the too blunt input above.

*****Man, you are one heck uv an ugly beast. Good to know you go the hobby.

Will rip the crap out of these Saturday

I knew I'd be screwed on Pujols with the 2001 Topps Traded based on the double whammy and Gold greatness posted above. I had forgotten Josh had a previous baseball life. Wonder if he was on crak in this warm up shot back then ? Ben Sheets made it big right ? Next Clemems he was, did he make it ? And the two reprints:

From the 1983 Cellos. Never a complaint with a Rose or Schmidt card (even though Schmidt always seemed 'questionable' on liking the 80's 'relax' song)

Also never a complaint with Bench, or a classic card like a Rose/Carlton combo. I dig that one.

Not a Hockey guy. All I know is Gretzky back in 1983. Have heard of Potvin so hopefully that is a winner. Else seeking assistance from anyone on the below

No Montana, just a steeler quarterback and worse, a cowboy. ugh

Sean, am newer here but have read a lot of your messages. (frankly suprised at the unclear descriptive you gave ? ) Those cards started in 67 but if you actually have thousands of cards from 69 in to early 70's you probably have thousands of dollars awaiting you. Of course conditon counts as you know.

Wut up with the vague descriptions ?

*****Wow. The service exists like any other company. It 'accepts' getting behind, then builds back up to what the customer base requires. Some of you little panzie whiners should simply shut up. Anyone one of you anywhere near building a service like this ? I don't even know what VCP is, but I gather it is historic card sales data. Something like that will indeed bring out the whiny babies at times. whaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh. Best of continued to success to the owner of this. Looks legit.

*****I love blaming the victim. Why did you dress so sexy before you got raped? >>

The perfect statement that is, in so many ways and in so many wrongdoings to men.

*****Sean1125's avatar of Lincoln with an afro is disturbing.

Unless in person...faked.

Looking through old message strings here is very fun. I think your set is one of the coolest things I have seen here. Checked the PSA Regsitry set and can't believe someone has an entire 792 card set 100% graded and close to actually being 100% 10 grades. This is amazing. Congrats on doing something like this. I see it also as a way to control the bounds of collecting, stick to oe thing. A dedicated focus on one set. Quite cool. Congrats again on having your set. I need to take your lead here and focus verse simply buyng this and that. Maybe not as large a set as you have here, due to both funds and the thought of the effort, but I think it is the right way to go. Must find me a set with a couple hundred cards and go for it. Fantastic, unbelievable set you have.

Don't look ! It's much funner to learn the grades with the cards in hand. One card at a time, do the quick flip look maneuver.

Why does gargling with listerine make me have to tinkle ?

Agreed on not the best. I saw the episode with Jim Brown and it was as far as one can go with the plastic simulated reality televison as it can get. Not a fan and that is a bummer. Finally a show about this world and it isn't done right. It is cool to see the collections (wish I saw this Depace show) but a show like this shouldn't have the fake acting stuff. A better show would simply be filming dudes at home, with their just delivered PSA packages full of freshly graded cards where the grades are not known. (no previous peeks online at the grades). Everyone has to have some kind of ritual with it

wow.. exactly. This is funny handyman. I was doing the exact same 'piece of paper over the screen thing' You literrally exactly described what I was doing. The rituals must be understod across our world !. I checked the subs, and when I actually saw 'grades pop up' I got p*ssed, covered the screen, grabbed a notebook to cover up the screen and started to look through the top 5 or so on the list (hoping I wouldn't remember them) Would then close out the browser and await my fate from the box when it arrived. And THEN when the box arrives, it's a different kind of ritual. A ritual that could be considered 'strange' by the unbelievers out there. I don't care though. eff them !

I totally agree with the original post. Would rather have a 51 Bowman rookie than the 2nd year 52 Topps Mantle. I don't get the lack of respect the 51 Bowman has compared to the 52. Just don' get it.

thanks. Wow. Never Never Never Never beleive an autograph is legit after seeing this. The man was pristine hobby notoriety. Never Never Never trust an auto anywhere. Unless in person, it's fake. (exagerated slighlty, but no way). This is bad and dissapointing.

Just to confirm PSA doesn't grade wrong backs correct ? Got a Ripken from 91 with another player on back. Would be cool to have it graded just for the collection. I gather I could request 'authentic' on the label, but it is from the intensely popular and highly demanded 91 Bowman set. I guess if I did get it graded 'authentic' my colleciton would literrally decrease in value just by owning it. Right ?

Thanks you to anyone who can just confirm the door is shut on PSA grading wrong back cards.

Where did the 79 Gretzky come from, self pack rippage or bought somewhere ?

*****more importantly, I didn't know if I had a username so long as MyDaughtersNameIsMattingly It could actually make the message board visual go all out of whack. (at least with the browser I am using) Anyone else give cred here to MyDaughtersNameIsMattingly for this ? That in itself should get near POY.

<< My guess is that it is an inexperienced bidder. When I started bidding on ebay I was guilty of the same thing. I hated seeing that I was outbidded. Soon realized that method can be costly even if I won an item that was under my limit spending. Ebay auctions are a marathon not a sprint! >>

Inexperienced bidder ? That bidder, and the above reply knows exaclty what is going on. Text
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I heard Kaka was a chick.. pretending to be a dude >>

I heard Kaka was a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

• Options
    Mudflap once left a kaka here. Damn that was nasty.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In my eyes a deals a deal, both agreed to it and the party breaking the agreement could be taken to court and is bound by contract law (I assume some of this was done in writing). >>

Part of contract law is that you can't force people to DO something. BBCE, in this case, couldn't force the guy to sell them the stuff from the deal. Most they could do is sue for damages. However, since no cash was laid out, they'd have to prove they lost money in some other way - and would likely not be able to do so.

In other words, there's no court case here.

Tabe
  • Options
    First Off going the court route imo is only the last resort and 99.9% of the time not worth it (for sure not worth it here).

In this instance we dont know all the details and in all likely hood not worth pursing but BBCE could have already agreed to sell the cards to another party and therefore have to come up with the cards for that deal and then they would have a loss and could seek damages (buyer has the burden of proof). In any case this just gets down to bad business on the sellers part if there was a done deal, if no deal was done then just sour grapes on the buyer. I would move on and not deal with the person again (that’s what I did when I had something similar happen to me, it always amazes me what someone will do for an extra buck)

• Options
    Did he really spell of "U-V?" I haven't seen anyone do that since i was in 4th grade, and I thought it was hilarious then.
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sorry miconelegacy, excuse the ignorance. Will try and improve. (wow) My name is Karl, I am in one of the lower southern states, my teams are Dolphins/Bills, Mets/Dbacks, Hornets/Suns and hockey should have stayed in Canada. I collect 'stuff' I like. And I could really care less about a gravestone of anyone I don't know. I stand by the message above inquiring if it was really a BBCE guy that posted that first message as I found it very unprofessional for a company like that.

Hi Mike, nice to meet you ? (?) >>

I'm sure it won't mean a dam to most of you since I'm still a noob and infrequent visitor/contributor lately, but it's total CRAP like this AND a lot of the stuff said in the piling on Sean thread the other day which have me thinking that being a mostly silent "group rip member" is the way to go.
  • Options
    Porkins you should post more often your a cool cat, I mean boar or warthog, lol.

I mean if you pick a name like KaKa it sounds almost identical as Cucka.

Anyway KaKa/Cucka/Crow Alt/(kidding) PM'd me and apologized.

We all have our days and weeks. Seems like it's that time of the month, usually for about a week someone goes off or a few get beat up. This place has been rocking this year, let's keep it going, huh?

Great threads are here, Unopened packs, Artwork, Golfcollector's is great, Tommy's 71's, wait times, wait no more friggin' complaining we are all in the same boat! Everyone started to post there collections and that has fizzled. Let's get back to it!

We have the NASCAR thread, who likes the racks and cellos of late, We have wrestling All Stars, Topps Heritage, Group rips which we need to get another going, and on and on!

So back to it CU, KaKa is alright, dont beat up on him unless he continues to be a douche.

It's Friday!!!!!!! Enjoy it and the weekend!!!!! imageimageimage
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    +1 for the great attitude Mike!

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I'm in the very small minority but if I'm representing myself (and not somebody else's business), I would happily tell the guy a few things about himself. Call it therapy. It's way healthier than holding it in and you'll feel much better afterwards, which is worth something (to me at least). Clearly you're pissed about the situation as evidenced by the fact that you're posting it on a message board. There is very little to no chance this would ever cost you business in the future, except from maybe the lowlife in question whose business you really wouldn't want anyway.

However, since you are representing someone else's business, it's not really your call. If Steve gives you the go ahead to pound away at him (which he probably won't), then go for it. If not, just chalk it up to another deal gone wrong.

Lee
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sorry miconelegacy, excuse the ignorance. Will try and improve. (wow) My name is Karl, I am in one of the lower southern states, my teams are Dolphins/Bills, Mets/Dbacks, Hornets/Suns and hockey should have stayed in Canada. I collect 'stuff' I like. And I could really care less about a gravestone of anyone I don't know. I stand by the message above inquiring if it was really a BBCE guy that posted that first message as I found it very unprofessional for a company like that.

Hi Mike, nice to meet you ? (?) >>

Carol or whoever is moderating, I'm calling for the permanent ban of Kaka. His comments above are WAY WAY WAY over the line. No one here wants Kaka on the board. He's a total POS IMO. BAN HIM!
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Who is John Mcadams?
  • Options
    I'm not much of a baseball fan but to me being a Bills fan and a Dolphin fan seems to be like being a Yankees and Red Sox fan. Somethings wrong with you KAKA !!image
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    People who post cruel comments are best ignored. Be glad you're not them.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    You're a good man Mike for turning the other cheek. Speaks a lot to your character. You will raise 3 fine children, that I have no doubt about. It hurt me to even read that comment. Thinking that someone could type that out and actually hit the send button is disappointing.

Take care,

Scott
  • Options
    I'm speechless.
  • Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the responses - even the ones I didn't like. image It was interesting to hear the perspective of collectors, because as a dealer, sometimes I find I can't put myself on the other side of the counter/table and see it from the other point of view. This was the point of my post - to understand the collector point of view - not to b*tch and complain about losing out on a deal. However, I did enjoy venting. For a $4K deal, I was over it within an hour.

I enjoy hearing collector stories! Part of the reason I am on these boards is to see what kind of cool stuff everyone has and how they found it. If you will permit, I'll be happy to share with you the dealer stories I've been collecting for over 20 years, as way back from my earliest dealer days in high school. Steve and I are in Oklahoma, on our way back from Arizona, with a monster unopened deal. You have to hear about this trip; for all the good "luck" we create with hard work, honesty, and friendly customer service, sometimes sh*t happens and it makes you say, WTF, how did I deserve this?

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you all for the responses - even the ones I didn't like. image It was interesting to hear the perspective of collectors, because as a dealer, sometimes I find I can't put myself on the other side of the counter/table and see it from the other point of view. This was the point of my post - to understand the collector point of view - not to b*tch and complain about losing out on a deal. However, I did enjoy venting. For a $4K deal, I was over it within an hour.

I enjoy hearing collector stories! Part of the reason I am on these boards is to see what kind of cool stuff everyone has and how they found it. If you will permit, I'll be happy to share with you the dealer stories I've been collecting for over 20 years, as way back from my earliest dealer days in high school. Steve and I are in Oklahoma, on our way back from Arizona, with a monster unopened deal. You have to hear about this trip; for all the good "luck" we create with hard work, honesty, and friendly customer service, sometimes sh*t happens and it makes you say, WTF, how did I deserve this? >>

Reed, how about a clue on what type of product was in this Arizona deal? There aren't any updates about it on Facebook.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭

<< <i>I enjoy hearing collector stories! Part of the reason I am on these boards is to see what kind of cool stuff everyone has and how they found it. If you will permit, I'll be happy to share with you the dealer stories I've been collecting for over 20 years, as way back from my earliest dealer days in high school. Steve and I are in Oklahoma, on our way back from Arizona, with a monster unopened deal. You have to hear about this trip; for all the good "luck" we create with hard work, honesty, and friendly customer service, sometimes sh*t happens and it makes you say, WTF, how did I deserve this? >>

I love reading the stories of other collectors as much as I love seeing the pics. A good story can really add to an item, so it's cool when people post them. That being said, I hope you will take the time to share some stories with us. Not just the most recent one, but any you feel like sharing. Maybe you can start your own thread where you just post a story when the time is available, I know I would read it every day and I'm sure others would too. Having been doing this for over 20 years, I bet you got some good ones! image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    On the subject at hand, I don't believe as a buyer for a company looking to make a hefty profit, you have a right to something someone is selling to you until funds have exchanged hands. No one is under any obligation to sell to someone looking to profit, regardless of whether or not they agreed on a price. Until the funds have exchanged hands, there is no deal. That said, you certainly can use this as a reason not to deal with this person in the future, as it could turn out to be a waste of your time yet again. I think in your business, acceptance of your money is the closest to someone's word you should expect.
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    I agree with RookieWax, give us a smell of what un-opened you picked up. We are itching for another group rip. May starts on Tuesday. BTW, don't sell the good stuff before you get back (like the 67 cello box) unless you want to sell it to us first. image

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524